Author Topic: New bike  (Read 5443 times)

Offline Gooner

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Dunstable
New bike
on: July 02, 2013, 04:06:09 PM
I have just collected my new DCT in the best colour Red ,before it rained it looked sparkling ,got to go out later hope the paint doesn't run(he he).
Is it common to feel the vibrations(that's the only way to describe it)when it changes up from 1st through to 4th or is it a running in thing.
Bought it from Dobles who were really good in all aspects of the purchase.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: New bike
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 07:07:50 PM
I'm guessing you are using D mode to keep a gentle break-in procedure?

If you tickle the throttle it will be in 6th at 35mph which will actually labour the engine and is not going to have the right effect for running-in

Don't over-rev the engine but do NOT allow it to labour

I hardly ever use D mode anymore preferring MANUAL and SPORT for most of my riding

As a newcomer to DCT you may not be aware that in any of the modes you can override the gear selection with the + and - buttons to get the engine into your required revs range,  when using D or S modes there is also the kickdown!!!

When in MANUAL mode it even BLIPS the throttle for you on downchanges  (if you're going a bit fast for the lower gear), its a bit disconcerting for the first couple of attempts to provoke it into action but once you get confident in its ability to prevent rear wheel lockups it just becomes a natural way of riding

:305:

Offline Gooner

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 11:29:03 PM
Thanks for that Scotsy.Yes it has been in D all the time, i will try sport mode next because i definately don't like the juddering from 1st to 4th up to about 2000rpm.
It must be something like riding a BMW tractor(i have never ridden one)only joking i think.

Offline Carl

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Sydney
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 02:46:09 AM
Congratulations!  Enjoy.   :001:

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 09:37:16 AM
Congrats on the new bike.

I too got mine from Dobles and thought they were very good. The professionalism of a large organisation yet they somehow manage that personal service usually found in the smaller places. I think focusing on the one brand helps a lot. Some of the big multi franchise dealer are truly horrendous

Very easy to see how they became the largest Honda dealer

Offline jacob

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 12:47:51 PM
Enjoy  :028:  :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline adventure boy

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 08:24:21 AM
You got it then Mate
Mines manual so wouldnt know, just thought id pipe in and say congrats. what extras did you have them fit for you??
Mine also came from Dobles Paul is a great guy to have a deal with very fair and no Bull 5Hit

Enjoy the new ride

ive done a write up on the comparrison of the CT V Explorer be interested to hear your views mate coming from the same bike

Rob

Offline Gooner

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 04:23:21 PM
Hi Rob and anyone else interested,now i have ridden 550 miles(1st service tomorrow) i can say without doubt that the whole bike is much more to my liking than the Explorer.

Let me quantify this by saying it feels more stable,handles better,more comfortable,looks as good and the colour red is really nice.I would go as far and say if i didn't have to pick it up,which i am sure would happen i think i could handle it off road!!

The biggest plus for me is no pain from my left hand or knee almost ,nothings perfect,which brings me to the only downside (on which i have already posted but here goes again) on the bike.That is the vibrations i get in drive mode up to about 2000rpm ,i know what Scotsy has suggested and have tried it in sport not manual yet but i don't think a £12400 bike should be like that.I hope at Dobles tomorrow they might be able to rectify it !!!?

Finally i have put these goodies on :-Givi airflow screen,Givi V47 top box +stop light+remote,Sw ally engine guard,Sw footrest kit,Beowulf rad guard,Touratech lockable sat nav mount,Garmin zumo 660,Honda side deflector kit,Powerbronze front mudguard extender,Sw barkbuster hand guards,Ermax rear hugger (red),Sw crash bars,Sw hawk fog lights,Givi E41 keyless panniers.Most of these items are fitted some are not yet in but nearly there.

I don't know what else there might be i can fit but will keep looking.
Barrie (Gooner)

arab-exile