Author Topic: Michelin PR3 Trail - Michelin Anakee 3 - Pirelli Scorpio - Metzler Tourance Next  (Read 7012 times)

Offline Nickel

• Crosstourer Master
After our trip to Slovenia my tyres will be toasted i suppose (they will be around 10.000-11.000 km then, going there and back is on a trailer together with the wife's fazer). As you can see I'm hesitating between 4 kind of tyres:
Michelin PR3 Trail - Michelin Anakee 3 - Pirelli Scorpio - Metzler Tourance Next.
I have no real off road ambitions, to afraid of dropping my darling  :027:
Besides that i ride daily some highway kilometers (at least 70 km a day) so I'm thinking of going in the direction of the MPR3 Trail ?
On my former bike i also had the MPR3 (normal) and i liked it.
I know some guys here ride the MPR3, some the Anakee, some the Metzler Tourance, so what do you recommend  for my kind of driving?
The difference in price between the four sets is max 25 euro, so that's no point of discussion.

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
go for the round ones. Easy!
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
If you don't go off road then put road tyres on, the PR3 tyre is great in the wet however I have just went through a set of Dunlop Roadsmarts that were really good in the wet as well

Go for road grip, no point in sacrificing it if the bike doesn't go off road

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
The Tourance NEXT is worth a look, from the first Tourance through to the EXP, Metzeler have improved both wet performance and stability, looking at the NEXT, it seems its now a pure road tyre and should be a top choice.
Also with Mika here about the Dunlop Roadsmarts, a great tyre for road riding and the second generation "11" are said to have 10% more life. 
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline MC55

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Lohja
I bought Michelin Anakee 3 back and forth and drove 7000 km from Finland to Portugal and back mostly Autobahn. Still 50% left. Much better grip than the original Bridgestones.
MC55

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
*Originally Posted by thetrecker [+]
The Tourance NEXT is worth a look, from the first Tourance through to the EXP, Metzeler have improved both wet performance and stability, looking at the NEXT, it seems its now a pure road tyre and should be a top choice.
Also with Mika here about the Dunlop Roadsmarts, a great tyre for road riding and the second generation "11" are said to have 10% more life.

I had a couple of hours blatting around the Alps on a new GS fitted with NEXT tyres and I don't know wether it was the tyres or the GS but it was sh1te on white lines and overbanding (I suspect it was the tyres as the GS was a good handler everywhere else)

:305:

Offline tmax

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CRF1000L
Hallo

In Motorrad 05/2013 it was article which Tyre is "the best" for CT. They re comended Continetal Trail Attack 2 and Metzeler Tourance Next. For "road" Tyre they wrote that they dint give souch comfort as "enduro" Tyre.

Link:
http://www.motorradonline.de/motorradreifen/reifenempfehlungen-fuer-honda-crosstourer/445060 

P.S. sorry for my English
P.S. II When You come to Slovenija contact me, I live http://www.burger.si/Celje/uvod_eng.html
Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 06:59:36 PM by tmax

Offline Nickel

• Crosstourer Master
*Originally Posted by tmax [+]
P.S. II When You come to Slovenija contact me, I live http://www.burger.si/Celje/uvod_eng.html

Sorry, seen your invitation to late, already back in Belgium and back to work  :157:

arab-exile