Author Topic: First 600miles Service !  (Read 1573 times)

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
First 600miles Service !
on: June 22, 2013, 08:40:31 PM
Had my first service today, no probs so far, so now looking forward to getting to know the CT... been on hols for past two weeks, so not really been out on it properly, only done 400 miles so far... fully kitted up now with Givi V47 box and V35 panniers , first real trip is early September Scotland for five days, but maybe get a good weekend in the Lake district before then... the bike is very different from what I've had before but starting to feel confident on it so bring it on !

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Re: First 600miles Service !
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 08:56:15 PM
The wife and I had 5 nights in Scotland,and 2 in Ambleside just recently. The CT made the 1393 miles a real pleasure. Now coming up to 3.5k on mine since the second week in Feb, and it just gets better and better.  :152:

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 09:01:18 PM
Cheers Saxon...makes me wanna get out and put it through its paces then... did the Scotland "Antler Rally" near isle of mull through Glencoe Mountain twice on my CBF1000, so I think it's on the cards again for next year on the CT... this years Sept trip is booked and we staying at Moffat as a base and doing the Locks and scenic routes around Dumfries and Galloway... can't wait !

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 09:35:01 PM
Hi Geoff, we started at New Galloway- Fort William-Durness-Strathpeffer nr Dingwall - Aberdour- Ambleside .All dry miles bar maybe 10 , which never really warranted the waterproofs !

Moffat . Not the http://www.buccleucharmshotel.com/ by any chance ? As we stayed at this biker friendly place a couple of years ago.

arab-exile