Author Topic: Crosstourer V Tiger Explorer ??  (Read 8171 times)

Offline adventure boy

• Crosstourer Member
Crosstourer V Tiger Explorer ??
on: June 19, 2013, 04:53:13 PM
My Crosstourer is being delivered Friday and there taking My Explorer in Part Ex due to reasons Ill explain, ive watched all the videos on the CT on youtube in various languages lol, and all the videos of the Explorer were of it up on its back wheel popping wheelies perhaps to show that the bike has loads of power but havnt seen any with the CT on its back wheel do they not wheelie ?? ive read on another post that whey do in first and 2nd with the TC off but not seen it, which seems strange,  just cant work it out !! its still a big bike with loads of power !!   

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Crosstourer V Tiger Explorer ??
Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 05:53:08 PM
It wheelies, but you have to switch off the traction control. It wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelies!
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline Huncadrew

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 05:59:00 PM
When avoiding idiots on roundabouts it even wheelies with traction control on

Offline ukiboy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Vfr1200x
  • City / Town: London
Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 06:14:18 PM
I tend to switch the TC off in normal use as I've found that when I give it a big handful away from the lights (usually to embarrass some deluded fool in a fast car!), the TC comes into play in a very crude way - it just sort of bogs the engine down, similar to if you hit the rev limiter and then it takes too much time to sort itself out and let you get back on the power.
With the TC off its so much better - giving it a big handful results with the front going light and then the front end lifting until you engage the next gear. It happens in quite a linear and controlled way and there is the added benefit of being able to put down the power you want without the computer killing the ignition and bogging the bike down. It also means you're  moving at a bloody rapid rate of knots and matey boy in his fast car is left floundering in your exhaust fumes  :001:

Offline adventure boy

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 06:43:32 PM
Thanks guys I do like a bike that will pull a decent wheelie off its own steam rather than having to clutch the thing up cant wait to get it now
Roll on Friday, got a load of bits to bolt on friday eve then hopefully a decent weekend to put some miles on it and fall in love lol  :008:

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 10:57:10 PM
Not wheelied the DCT yet, but launched it off at such a rate that it feels like my brain has been slammed into the back of my skull  :005:, which nearly makes me feel light headed  :087:. Kind of like take off in a plane , but without any head restraint .
Anyone else get the same feeling ? Or is it my just my skull that has too much room for the grey matter to move around in ?  :112:
Not a single bike or car has ever had the legs on the DCT from a standing start yet  :123:

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 07:55:52 AM
TBH I really wanted the Explorer in Blue. But Fifi really didn't like it due to not been comfy on the back. I think it looks better than the CT...not sure why though.
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline adventure boy

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 09:03:04 AM
Funny My Mrs found the Explorer to be nice and comfi she said it was much smoother but then again I did come from a KTM 990 Adventure with the On/Off throttle  :001:
My short list comprised of the Explorer, Crosstourer and the Multistrada the Multi was ruled out as the dealer described it as delicate!! so it was down to the CT and Exp the deal I got on the Explorer was over £1k better than I could get on a CT so went with it, I truly did like the bike the power, handling,2 up it didnt feel any differant really a good bike
Im just hoping the CT will be as good if not better the Explorer with the TC off was a wheelie machine 1st off the throttle or on fairly hard acceleration and 2nd with a slight touch of clutch had the front weel lifting skywards without any effort from the pilot, If the CT does that ill be a happy bunny indeed  :169: