Author Topic: Can the ABS be turned off ??  (Read 6461 times)

Offline moli

• Crosstourer Pro
Re: Can the ABS be turned off ??
Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 06:00:25 AM
*Originally Posted by Barbancourt [+]
For real off-road, just disabling the ABS is not enough. Don't forget that the CT has a combined brake system, which means that you never will be able to brake on just one wheel.

Yes you can...........

Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 06:05:25 AM by moli

Offline Barbancourt

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X
  • City / Town: Drongen
Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 09:08:35 AM
Yes, as I said, you can't just by removing the fuse! De-linking the brakes is the only way.

Online __Ray__

• Crosstourer Member
  • www./
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Maasbracht
Reply #18 on: April 05, 2020, 10:38:42 PM
Kicking an old topic in the butt  :192:

I noticed this problem also.
My plan is to disable the DCBS by taking down the brakelines and make a double on the front (one for each side) and a single one for de back.
Plug the extra connections on the caliper and drill a hole to connect the chambers so all the pistons work as one.
Take down everything in between (did this also on de VTEC butt for different reasons).
I want to cut the wire from the ABS pump and reconnect it with a switch so i can turn it on and off on the fly just like the TC.
Not sure when i get to it, there are other things on the wishlist  :164:

Online __Ray__

• Crosstourer Member
  • www./
  • Bike: Honda VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Maasbracht
Reply #19 on: May 02, 2020, 09:34:46 AM
I already want to install a switsch, the DCBS has to wait a little but tomorrow i'm going to ride the TET south Netherlands and maybe the North plus the Drenthe loop in the Pentecost weekend.
So tomorrow i wanted to test the effect of switching of the ABS with the DCBS still working.
There were some posts about a switch connected under the fusebox but there are 3 fuses for the ABS on the 2012 CT, does anybody knows witch one is preferred?
There is ABS main, ABS sol (solenoid?) and ABS power.
I know that i can disable the ABS by disconnecting any part of the ABS witch can be disconnected by removing a fuse or disconnecting a plug (sensors) but witch one has de least change of giving a permanent fault code annoying me when i switch it back on?

arab-exile