Author Topic: O2 sensors  (Read 14827 times)

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: PLAYA BLANCA
O2 sensors
on: June 15, 2013, 05:49:46 PM
Anyone fitted a pair of O2 eliminators to try a d smooth out the fuelling at part throttle
I did on my CB1000R and it worked a treat
check em out here http://bit.ly/122KNvc or shallow be the first to give them a try
Cheers Blu

Offline SunAndSea

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: KTM 1290 SA
  • City / Town: St Julians
Re: O2 sensors
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 06:54:54 PM
Mine is a DCT and part throttle is very smooth as standard, even at 2k rpm.

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:02:01 PM
Fitted the o2 eliminators today, first impression after a short test ride is they have made throttle response a little crisper, taken away the slight part throttle surging I had going for a long ride tomoz or Tuesday so I'll give more feedback then.

The connectors were a bit of a bitch to get too sitting behind the radiator fan housing on the left side.
Cheers Blu

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 06:53:05 AM
I don't seem to have any fuelling or surging issues whatsoever and so will leave it all stock,  my only criticism is the bike has a very light throttle action and so when the bike is unsettled on the road the movement of the bike v/s my body movement can cause me to slightly alter the throttle position and that replicates a surging sensation kind of :-/

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 07:09:41 AM
Yeah your right there on the light throttle so, maybe that's what I'm mistaking for slight surging.
However, on the short test ride yesterday throttle response was improved.
I'll also see how it's affected mpg this week.
Cheers Blu

Offline Southern Man

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 10:42:45 PM
Cozmo, agree with you. Was at my dealer today for its annual service and I mentioned to them that I had thought I had had a couple of occasions where the engine had lost power just for a second or so. I said I had come to the conclusion that the light throttle is easily moved involuntary if you are not concentrating and maybe hit a bump in the road. So I would agree with your comments.

Offline adventure boy

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 04:05:53 PM
You guys should try the Triumph explorer its silly light so much so that people are using damping greese to try to steady it !!
even on a prerfectly smooth surface it goes from 1/4 to 3/4 to shut throttle without you thinking that its moved at all !!!
CT is not perfect but soooo much better

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 06:53:13 AM
A tip which was told to me by one of California Superbike School instructors some years ago is to place your hand on the throttle so the little finger was slightly on the bar end weight, works a treat!

Back to the o2 eliminators they've been on for about 700 miles and there's a definite improvement in smoothness, throttle response and MPG so they'll be staying on.
Cheers Blu