Author Topic: XT660Z TENERE  (Read 1620 times)

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Honda CT
  • City / Town: Evesham
XT660Z TENERE
on: June 14, 2013, 05:39:59 AM
Has any body on the forum got/had/tried one of these as I am interested in in one for the winter, are the comfortable, reliable, fast? and being a single what about engine vibration :084:...............any thoughts 

Offline ukiboy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Vfr1200x
  • City / Town: London
Re: XT660Z TENERE
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:37:23 AM
 I owned one of these back in 2009. Had it for 6 months from new, I fancied a bike with quirky character after my 700 deauvile.
Good points - very economical, v long range from the 23 litre fuel tank
Engine was quirky and fun in an agricultural way
High riding position gave great visibility
Cheap to run

Bad points - very tall seat height, I'm 6 foot and I found it a handful at times
Motorway cruising is limited by poor and noisy screen which created lots of buffeting at speed.
Realistic cruising speed of 70-80 mph as above that I found the vibes too intrusive

My bike was totally reliable but I heard there were issues with some bikes with the regulator/rectifier connection to the main loom, it corroded on some bikes but I believe from the 2009 model onwards it was modified.

All in all I liked the bike but it was too limited for me as a daily ride, I wanted more oomph, less vibes and more refinement so I chopped it in for a cbf1000
I would recommend it as a second bike however, it was certainly fun on the right roads..

Offline grahew

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Honda CT
  • City / Town: Evesham
Re: XT660Z TENERE
Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 11:57:26 AM
many thanks for reply very helpful :031:

arab-exile