Author Topic: speedo  (Read 3719 times)

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: PLAYA BLANCA
speedo
on: June 13, 2013, 08:49:35 PM
At 80mph on the CT my satnav says 72mph that's a big difference anyone else have this?
Cheers Blu

Offline stefan

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Heinsberg
Re: speedo
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 09:02:16 PM
mine as well at 100kpm the navi Shows 93 or 94  :305:
Greetings from the middle-west of Germany....

Stefan

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: PLAYA BLANCA
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 09:05:54 PM
Have you mentioned it to your dealer? shouldn't be that far out surely!
Cheers Blu

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:01 PM
Manufacturers are allowed to build a maximum of 10% error in to speedometers and Honda are at the top end with the CT

Manufacturers tend to make the indicated speed read lower than actual speed for road safety and fuel consumption, all must be EU approved prior to being sold so I wouldn't bother your dealer who won't be able to do a thing with it

Offline Hamish

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR 1200X
  • City / Town: Brisbane
Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 09:31:19 PM
I have a koso speedo on my other bike which is adjustable by measuring the circumference of the wheel the sensor is reading off and entering it into the unit. Maybe the dealer knows how to enter it into this one.
By the way...Kawasaki does the same thing. Speedo out by seven k's.
Due to recent financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.

Offline wheeledwidewebb

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 10:09:13 PM
I've never had a bike where the speedo is so far out, it is a poor show. I only use the satnav speed now.

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 12:44:55 AM
I had a le mans that went up and down 20mph so if I was doing 70mph, it would waver between 60 and 80  :008:
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 08:15:02 PM
Mika is quite correct with the 10% error margin and most manufacturers  do stick towards this top end error margin as they would be seriously penalised by the authorities if it was ever shown that the speedo read below the correct speed.....Regarding Sat Nav accuracy  do be aware that  the Garmins and tom toms etc  will achieve upto 1% accuracy  ( other 'lesser 'sets may be far worse ) in a straight line and on leval roads  at a steady and settled speed..Also our GPSs refreash every second or so,....this is the reason why the display jumps up under acceleration/decellaration. ,so it is hard to compare one reading with another as errors will occur in the time it takes for our eye to focu and read both screens   .. In the real world its best to think that your Sat nav is possably within  within 5%  of the speed shown on  a radar/laser gun  used by the authorities !!  . ......   If you Google   'speedo healer v4'..  etc..you will find a gizmo that may be of interest.... I don't have one and know no more about it than what you will find on the web sites  so cant vouch for their claims..

arab-exile