Author Topic: Invite to Caponord UK camping weekend  (Read 3384 times)

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: PLAYA BLANCA
Invite to Caponord UK camping weekend
on: June 10, 2013, 08:49:33 PM
Hi Guys I'd like to invite any CT owners to the following meet

I've organised the UK Caponord weekend for the last three years we have two meets a year one in spring which we've had the second will be on the 30/31 August 1st Sept.
Based at http://www.erwlon.co.uk/ in Llandovery It's an ideal location with close access to some of the best roads in the UK.
Not everyone likes camping some do B&B or a hotel others just turn up for the rides.
The town is a five minute walk and has all the usual things like good pubs, cafes, supermarkets, B&B and hotels etc.

Most Peeps start arriving sometime on the friday and if the weather is good we have a short tea time ride around the Black mountains or reservoir roads.

Friday evening see's us at the the Blue Bell inn for something to eat a few pints and a good natter.

Saturday we have the main ride taking in some great roads and scenery this is an all day ride leaving the West end cafe at approx 10.00am and returning to the town 5-6pm.

Saturday evening we're at the Blue bell inn again for some more food beer a good laugh.

Sunday I'll be doing a ride out around Llyn brianne and Elan Valley reservoirs some awesome scenery and roads. 

Our numbers have been dwindling over the last year mainly due to peeps trading in they're capos for other machines.
I know there's a few ex capo owners on here including Saxon and myself others are on different bikes but still like to attend the weekend so we don't make it a Capo only weekend.
So if you fancy it, post up here and I'll add your name to the list if you want any further info you can either post the question here or email me pete@onhisbike.co.uk
Cheers Blu.
Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:29:09 PM by blumeeni
Cheers Blu

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Re: Invite to Caponord UK camping weekend
Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:33:05 PM
 :491: I can only second what Blu has just said . I have been on two of these weekends,and can honestly say that if you are after the full taste and experience of the  fantastic Welch countryside with great roads which you would never plan on riding on your average trip to Wales,then Blu is the man to show you/us 180 + miles of smiles on the Saturday ride out,+ a few more on the Friday night for those like myself who just need to see as much as possible while I'm down there.
It would be an ideal meeting place for a few of us CT owners to put a few faces to names over a couple of beers  :030:
So as I have already said to Blu. I will be riding the 200 miles down to Llandovery, work permitting. I believe the first Caponord weekend saw 24 Capo's together for the first time in this country. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could do the same with the CT's ?  :152: The second time ,we even got a couple of pic's and a write up in the MCN. You never know ,Honda UK might even pick up on it ,as a good publicity chance , as this could be the largest gathering of CT's that has been seen anywhere out side of the factory. :007:. :305:
Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:35:42 PM by Saxon747

Offline blumeeni

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: PLAYA BLANCA
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 11:04:48 PM
Come on Guys roll up it's a great weekend.
Cheers Blu

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 08:49:46 PM
Blu, I've only just noticed this and will try to attend but probably either ride down Friday night or early sat morning from Lancashire as I can't get out of working the Friday (i'll be in Scotland).

my main problem is I ###ing HATE camping and possess no tackle so I will see if I can borrow some stuff first and let you know later if i'm deffo coming or not

put me down as a maybe maybe?  :305:

Offline Gooner

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer DCT
  • City / Town: Dunstable
Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 06:52:56 AM
Scotsy book a B&B there are loads in the area that's what Veejay/Gail and i have done.Looked on Booking .com then booked privately a single @£30 inc. breakfast .

See you there?

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 07:53:06 PM
*Originally Posted by Gooner [+]
Scotsy book a B&B there are loads in the area that's what Veejay/Gail and i have done.Looked on Booking .com then booked privately a single @£30 inc. breakfast .

See you there?

send me a link by pm please. Using phone at mo and struggling as too dear on booking.com

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 06:42:42 PM
*Originally Posted by Gooner [+]

See you there?

After wasting an hour of my life trying to find a place to stay for 1 x adult for 2 x nights at a reasonable price I've given up. I will either borrow some camping stuff or not bother attending as there is no point going and staying miles away from the craic at the blue bell

:305:

EDIT?:

I won't now be coming down as I am saving my pennies for an upcoming dash around Scotland towards the end of September, have a good time!!

:305:
Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 09:47:58 PM by scotsy

Offline veejay

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 06:42:25 PM
Sorry we didn't get to hook up with you Capo's for a ride but we certainly did have a cracking couple of day's riding on some of the best roads available! Can't believe the quality of the road surfaces in Wales - even the 'unclassified' roads are smooth and pothole free!
Can't wait to get back over there!  :001: