Author Topic: Does the crosstourer exist?  (Read 3079 times)

Offline gazbiker

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer 1200
  • City / Town: brackley
Does the crosstourer exist?
on: May 14, 2013, 08:32:36 AM
Guys

Is it my imagination or does the Crosstourer not exist?

On my monthly visit's to W H Smith I'm looking through all the bike magazines and there never seems to be articles / reports about the Crosstourer.

You see these articles about multiple tourers tested over the Swiss mountains or round France and where is the Crosstourer in the line up....no where!

I know i've been out of the loop for the last couple of months but I'm sick of articles raving on about BMW's, yeah they are a great bike Blah, blah but are the biking media ignoring the Honda?

gaz :084:

Fireblade, Guzzi 1200, Ducati 888, Honda Firestorm, Honda VTR

Offline Acrosland

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Haworth
Re: Does the crosstourer exist?
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:48:19 PM
Apparently RIDE are doing a piece on the crosstourer DCT in next months magazine, think its out on the 17th

Offline matchip

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Selangor
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 03:28:03 PM
they do that on purpose... so they can keep riding the CT. i bet they looking forward to write on long test review.   :156:

Offline IanM

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • City / Town: Derby
Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 04:13:54 PM
Motorcycle Sport and Leisure test one this month - and pretty much the only complaint is the screen!
http://www.mslmagazine.co.uk/Current-Issue/
IanM

Offline andyrob

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFRXDCT
  • City / Town: Sunny Glasgow
Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 04:41:21 PM
Glowing review in a recent MCN "adventure" supplement by Phil West.

Offline Black Bob

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR800X (Black)
Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 05:03:42 PM
Clemenceau (I think it was) once said that he had his lunch every day in the restaurant in the Eiffel Tower, because it was the only place in Paris where you couldn't see the Eiffel Tower. This is the mystery of the Crosstourer. If you can't see a Crosstourer it's because you're riding one, and only those who haven't got one can see it.

No, forget that - that's crazy. I think it's more likely the magazines don't exist.

Offline Black Bob

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR800X (Black)
Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 08:50:24 AM
I apologise for my earlier surreal moment, because I think you're quite right. Honda's bikes in general are mostly ignored (relatively speaking). They get reported when they are first released, but that's about all. In the Crosstourer's case I've seen group tests and assessments where it doesn't a bad write-up - mainly because it gets no write-up at all. Compare this with the constant promotion of BMW and Triumph masquerading as road tests. It's not that the Crosstourer has NO coverage, that is not true, it's that, given this is the Honda flagship Adventure/Tourer, and Honda's importance as a motorcycle manufacturer, it gets such poor coverage it can only be as a result of editorial policy. Maybe, as the CT gets a wider recognition amongst riders this policy will have to change.

Offline gazbiker

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer 1200
  • City / Town: brackley
Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 09:07:05 AM
Hi Bob

I agree, I think that the motorcycle media treat Honda with contempt, I think Honda is viewed as the big corporate company and that because of their size they are the enemy! Also Honda always turn out a Bike that does what it says on the can, no frills, no cock up's just good quality workmanship. I suppose the Triumph thing is because it's a British product and the motorcycle media have to be seen to be promoting British products. When I was looking to buy another tourer (my old bike was a Guzzi) I looked at Triumph but was horrified to see that they have no cover or dealerships in France! what good is that when you stuck in the middle of La Rochelle! Anyway I see above that some reports are coming out so I'll read those with interest.

Gaz 
Fireblade, Guzzi 1200, Ducati 888, Honda Firestorm, Honda VTR

arab-exile