Author Topic: Feel like a salesman  (Read 2364 times)

Offline frank_b

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
Feel like a salesman
on: May 11, 2013, 10:10:39 AM
Do you recognize it?

When parking the CT, it attracts people like a magnet  :001:

Everybody wants to know a lot, how does it ride, whats the black lever on the left, is it better then the GS ( YES  :169: :169: )
whats that + and - and how works the DCT etc, etc.

Here I am (you see me on the back) talking and explaining to 2 VFR800 drivers (soon to be new members, maybe..  :008:

Sometimes I feel like a salesman but it's fun to do, and it a great bike

The general talk I receive, its much better looking then on the pictures, Honda did a great job.
I predict that the CT will sell better when there are more around.  (OK it is still a lot of money  :086: )
  or or

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Feel like a salesman
Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:36:52 AM
Yeah totally agree. Because they are so rare and so individual other bikers are always around it like bees with honey :-)

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 04:22:43 PM
I get a lot of peeps asking how the DCT works , as they were expecting a simple twist and go. I think I could be a Honda salesman by now.         Cozmo. How many Ct's do you get down at the Quay ? I would still like to get down there this year.
Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:51:48 PM by Saxon747

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 07:31:24 PM
*Originally Posted by Saxon747 [+]
I get a lot of peeps asking how the DCT works , as they were expecting a simple twist and go. I think I could be a Honda salesman by now.         Cosmo. How many Ct's do you get down at the Quay ? I would still like to get down there this year.

Hi Saxon, thus far i am the only one so get mobbed all the time with fellow riders wanting to ask all about it and have a good gander. If you ever are coming down, let me know and i'll catch up with ya for sure  :152:

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:04:21 PM
*Originally Posted by cozmo1589 [+]
Hi Saxon, thus far i am the only one so get mobbed all the time with fellow riders wanting to ask all about it and have a good gander. If you ever are coming down, let me know and i'll catch up with ya for sure  :152:
Quite amazing really, considering the amount of bikes that you get down there. Certainly makes for good conversation when you are the only one :305:
After watching that Tony Robinson series where he walked some of the coastline down there, it made us realize what great times we had down there  :152:

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 10:24:31 PM
 :460: frank_b :169:
That picture is replicated nearly everytime I park up amongst a load of bikes.   :001:

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 10:11:04 AM
Have you shown blumeeni around the Dct yet Steve ?

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 10:41:45 PM
Not yet mate !
I did show it to another manual CT owner that I met in Abergavenny today, a guy from Malvern who may just join the forum after I told him about it.