Author Topic: Glens of Antrim rideout  (Read 2103 times)

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Glens of Antrim rideout
on: May 08, 2013, 12:00:41 PM
Got away on Monday (bank holiday) for a spin on our photographic rally with a mate. What a super day, no rain and temp up in the 15-17 degree range. Everybody and their dog was out, it just seemed like summer came on like a switch and everybody was ready, including campers and caravans of course.
First stop was Richill outside Armagh city and then on northward on the A29 through Cookstown, Tobermore and left on to the A6 up the Glenshane pass to Dungiven, then  the B68 to Limavady and the B69/A2 up to Magilligan point which is always beautiful but especially so with the weather. Across the top of the country then ,through the Northwest 200 area and on to Ballycastle and out to the extremes of Benmore head. Definite Adventure bike territory! A lady in biker gear stood at a park area and we stopped to say hello, she declared her partner had gone on alone on a GS1200 as she was too scared on the gravel roads with the steepest in/declines. She was correct, I saw the TC light flashing for the first time on the declines. But the views were super (its a close point to Scotland).
South then on the A2/A43 through the glens of Antrim, its been a while since I have been through here and forgot its beauty. A few motorways to finish off closer to home. 335 miles and about 45mpg as it was leisurely riding enjoying the views.
Over to England for the WSB in Donnington this month, We are going up to the lake district first, then across to the peaks to the cat and fiddle, on the way to Donnington.
Any must ride roads around the lake district you can recommend would be greatly apprec. Thanks
T
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: Glens of Antrim rideout
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 01:18:57 PM
Photographic Rally  :435:

really?

.Where are the fookin PICTURES then  :745: :745: :745:

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 01:45:12 PM

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 04:58:06 PM
A few photos as requested!

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:51:33 PM
Sounds like you had a fantastic day out Tom, with the weather to match  :152: We would like to come over and explore  the emerald Isle sometime in the near future.
On the subject of the Lakes roads to do as a must, then Scotsy should be your man to give you his best opinion. Personally I've enjoyed the Wrynose Pass to the Hardnott Pass. Honister  Pass .Hartside Pass with cafe on the top with a view {hopefully}. The ride through the  Langldales { little and great}. Troutbeck to Ullswater via the Kirkstone Pass. Or the Struggle from Ambleside to Kirkstone Pass Inn. Just my opinion  :164:

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 10:42:18 PM
 :0461:.... and would only add the main road from Ambleside to Keswick then over the  B5292 Wynlatter pas to Cockermouth and a trip round the Jennings brewery!!!Also ,if you have time do Penrith to Alston A686, there are more that I am sure others will fill in..

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 05:57:23 PM
Thank you v much gents, just what I was looking for, I was in the lakes about 7 years ago but just went up the A591 ( camped in Windermere)on the way to Gretna and beyond. This time we will spend 2 days in the Lakes so I will research your rides and plot a course.
Cheers

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 04:06:56 PM
Feal free to pm if you want.,and remember the 'tourists'  will be out in force at the weekends.  :005: