Author Topic: Rear shaft oil replacement  (Read 6126 times)

Offline DaRkGoD

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: Xtourer vfr1200x
  • City / Town: Woodlands
Rear shaft oil replacement
on: May 06, 2013, 06:37:50 PM
My xtourer now close to 5000km... Changed three times of shaft oil... Last changed oil now got problem engage into fifth and sixth gear... Have to hold clutch longer and extra kickin up.... Is it shaft oil not enough or need to go for a checking...
My location in Singapore :087:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: Rear shaft oil replacement
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 07:01:47 PM
Let me guess .............

you are an ex GS owner :164: :015:

Leave the things alone and stick to the service schedule, 12,000km is the due mileage for the 2nd service and being away from home working i can't even be sure it gets changed on the 2nd service anyway :110:

:305:

By fiddling yourself you may have lost your warranty cover and be liable for any faults from now on :232:

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 07:31:40 PM
 :460:
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 11:33:28 AM
Hi DarkGod,
no need to change the differential oil 3 times in 5000klms!! I doubt it would affect the gear change anyhow, unless its the WRONG oil specification.
A few owners had problems selecting 5th and 6 th when the CT was new but the problem seems to go away with more klms. Make sure you have the correct specification Engine oil (as per the handbook), it is much more likely to cause these problems.
Let us know.
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline benridesvfr1200x

• Crosstourer Member
  • City / Town: Boonah Qld
Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 09:17:49 AM
i too have problem changing from 5th and 6th gears when changing up only seems when u r cruising being lazy on change if u take off from a standstill gettin up it and change up all gears one after the other the gearbox feels fine only seem too have problem when leaving it in 4th for a while then changing up too 5th and 6th just have change technique i just leave my foot on gearlever until i feel it click into gear which is sometimes delayed before i let out clutch but have found using the clutch in the first 4 gears and on 5th and 6th just back off throttle and change up without clutch seems too work best for me as for diff oil i have too changed mine a few times too get it clean as clean oil can only be a good thing and i will keep changing it. dont think it contributes too ur gearchange
my bike has 8000kms on it
Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:20:10 AM by benridesvfr1200x

Offline Bernie

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT, 2012, silver
Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 01:16:33 PM
Sorry, but can I sell you some commas and points?  Would ease an old mans reading....

Me too I had the shift problems. It improved after about 6'000 kms.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 06:16:27 PM
*Originally Posted by Bernie [+]
Me too I had the shift problems. It improved after about 6'000 kms.

Lets not get picky Bernie as i can see two faults in your one line reply  :211:

I hate forums where people are picked upon and criticised for spelling and grammar mistakes!!!.

It is a well known fact that the human brain automatically gets over jumbled letters and subconciously rearranges them to enable us to read the words normally so I'm sure you can cope with a missing full stop or comma :015:

Try this for an example:-

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 06:24:08 PM
I got ditrsatced :157:

I checked the Honda Workshop manual service schedule and the shaft oil is only due to be changed ONCE every 3YEARS