Author Topic: The long wait for the honda CB500X.  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Toowoomba Rider

• Crosstourer Junior
The long wait for the honda CB500X.
on: May 05, 2013, 04:44:21 PM
Honda has finally released a price for the crosstourer 500. It is Au$7490 in Queensland. There have been no new (internet and magazine) reviews  since December. The NC700X isn't coming to OZ, but a white DC 1200 has arrived at my dealer.

I'm wondering if the new thai built Honda 500 can stand up to the road conditions in Australia.

If anyone has links to more information and tests, could you please post them here. Thank you.

Toowoomber Rider.

Offline Telbert

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XDCT
Re: The long wait for the honda CB500X.
Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 10:17:17 PM
This weeks Motorcycle News (Wednesday 15th May) has a road test of the cb500x. As your in Australia and i'm not sure sure if its on sale over there here's the verdict.
"The x's subtly larger proportions make it seem a more versatile, more man-size machine, while losing virtually nothing in terms of manageability and agility. Its adventure styling is more in step with the times and makes better use of its (slightly) limited spec. Its novice credentials are all excellent with ergonomics , controls and a delivery that's as natural as they come. Yet its performance is good enough too - a blend of easy, engaging drive and taut-enough steering to please riders of all variety. It looks good and its quality and value exceed expectations , too."

The bike seems ok but don't forget it's built in Thailand not Japan, which helps to explain it's low price.

arab-exile