Author Topic: Still Loving It!  (Read 3036 times)

Offline ukiboy

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Vfr1200x
  • City / Town: London
Still Loving It!
on: May 03, 2013, 03:14:33 PM
First service out the way, 1000 miles under the wheels and centre stand, fender extender, Beowulf rad guard and Givi top box all added.. Just got back from a proper ride out in rural Herts and the bike is still totally sublime! It has a strangely stealthy power delivery - at times it doesn't feel like i'm going that quick but then I look at the speedo  :005:
I can only think that the 275kg weight, the shaft drive and the linear power delivery all conspire to make this bike feel not quite as fast as it is - it has such a stable and secure feel to it as you red line it through the gears, its very deceptive. Anyone else find this to be the case?
The handling is great as well, it just soaks up the road surface and insulates you from poor road conditions.. I love it, what a cool bike!! I really can't understand why there aren't loads more on the roads - I reckon it's far superior to a GS and cheaper to run and more reliable. A top bike in every sense  :152:

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Still Loving It!
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 06:40:38 PM
*Originally Posted by ukiboy [+]
First service out the way, 1000 miles under the wheels and centre stand, fender extender, Beowulf rad guard and Givi top box all added.. Just got back from a proper ride out in rural Herts and the bike is still totally sublime! It has a strangely stealthy power delivery - at times it doesn't feel like i'm going that quick but then I look at the speedo  :005:
I can only think that the 275kg weight, the shaft drive and the linear power delivery all conspire to make this bike feel not quite as fast as it is - it has such a stable and secure feel to it as you red line it through the gears, its very deceptive. Anyone else find this to be the case?
The handling is great as well, it just soaks up the road surface and insulates you from poor road conditions.. I love it, what a cool bike!! I really can't understand why there aren't loads more on the roads - I reckon it's far superior to a GS and cheaper to run and more reliable. A top bike in every sense  :152:

Have to agree on all points. My only concern is will I hang on to my licence?? I for one love the fact it's rare as rocking horse doodaa and that I hardly ever see one. I'd hate it if they sold hundreds and thousands like the BMW. Those are probably good bikes but common as muck, like running a ford mondeo about. Crosstourers on the other hand I liken to something a bit more exotic like an Italian sports car for instance, faster, better looking, the discerning choice for someone who wants to standout rather than follow the pack ;-)

Offline stefan

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Heinsberg
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 06:45:32 PM
I like the fact, that not so much ct´s are on the road - otherwise i would have to search for my bike when i leve the biker meating-points. some of the gs-drivers have to check theyr number-plate in orger to provide to sit on the wrong bike  :164:

but the number of ct´s on the road is growing  :152:

and after app. 3000 km of riding i like mine more with every km i ride. :047:
Greetings from the middle-west of Germany....

Stefan

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 08:44:02 PM
there will be yet one more on the road from this coming Thursday (9th May), when I take delivery of my new CT ... i look forward to joining the ranks of the elite and enjoying this great machine !

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 10:28:10 PM
*Originally Posted by GeofftheChef [+]
there will be yet one more on the road from this coming Thursday (9th May), when I take delivery of my new CT ... i look forward to joining the ranks of the elite and enjoying this great machine !
:047: :152: Hope this great weather continues for you on your maiden voyage  :305:
Still loving mine,and have got a 1000+mile trip around Scotland planned for 3 weeks today  :082:
Are you buying from Hunt's in Manchester btw ?
Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:32:22 PM by Saxon747

Offline Africajim

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 10:43:11 PM
You'd best hope it stops snowing then! Snow in the Highlands of Scotland today, and yes, it is into May now!
I hope the summer comes soon! It's been a long winter up here.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 11:20:52 PM
I'm doing van deliveries in Scotland mon, tues and wed then going home to Leigh and setting off for 1200 miles around Scotland on the CT on Thursday morning then back up in the van again at 6am on the following tuesday morning

At least the mountains will look nice with snowcaps on :305:

Offline GeofftheChef

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X Black
  • City / Town: Manchester
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 07:11:54 AM
Yes SAXON747, I have been customer at Hunts for past ten years... this is my third bike from them... great dealership, and good set of staff... recommended ! BTW, I have done the Antler Rally up there via ride through Glencoe and stayed near Isle of Mull past two years, and later this year (September) we are doing a five day tour based in Moffat, and covering daily routes from there...ON THE CROSSTOURER  :152: