Author Topic: Greetings again everyone, its almost time  (Read 5369 times)

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Greetings again everyone, its almost time
on: April 23, 2013, 07:48:33 AM
Hello everyone,

Its been some time since I last visited the forums. Maybe a few may remember me. Name is Ozgur, I live in Istanbul, Turkey. Last year I was a frequent visitor of the forum, but stopped doing so for a very simple reason: I could not buy a CT. New car, new house...empty pockets, you know. Well, when you cannot buy the bike you want to buy (love at first sight), it felt like I was torturing myself while visiting the forum.

My ride for the last year has been on another Honda, which I was truly delighted with anyway. The good old Pan-European ('09) - which I never tested or had even thought about the slightest - proved to be an AMAZING ride for the last year. But I wanted to let it go, mainly because it would be harder to sell as the years pass (they are not available in Turkey since 2010) and also because I knew I can afford a CT now.

So, here I am, again. I am waiting for the latest bunch of bikes to arrive at my dealer in May. Color is decided: Silver. Fastest of the bunch, or so I heard  :164: . I will get the original sidecases (I love the ease of use, thanks to my Pan with a similiar release system) assuming the dealer will give me a realistic price, plus the deflectors, tankpad etc, all the minor stuff. I know that the screen will have to be a personal trial and error thing, so no decision on it so far. I will also get Givi crashbars and lightset. No center stand. I rarely use it. SW motech engine guard will soon follow.

I checked the Puig rear hugger price, 220 Euros in here, which I honestly find ridiculous. Let me know if any of you has a cheaper and working alternative to that, please. I also havent decided on the topcase. I love the looks of the original, but I believe they havent dealt with the leakage problem yet. I prefer something around 40 L, not too big, not too high. Hepco Alu topcase is what I have in mind. Anyone tried one on CT?

See you all around on forum, and on roads this summer maybe  :821: .
average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline jacob

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
Re: Greetings again everyone, its almost time
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:11:31 AM
Hey I remember you ...  :400: back and it is great to hear that you will soon be on a CT  :031:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 11:40:14 AM
Hi Eltar ,good to see you back , I certainly missed your reports  from Turkey ...I have many happy memories of sailing in the Marmaris area  too many years ago !....  On your top box list do not forget to look at the Givi range,the Trecker looks box looks good  as does  the 'V' range of cases (side and top)fitted to their quick release rack (30 sec to remove /fit) ..There is a murmour that Honda is to discontinue selling their OE cases due to their cost and reported problems  ,also I think that other members have fitted the  honda pan european box to good effect,,no doubt someone will confirm or otherwise....Hope you dont have to wait too long for a CT  :232:...you will love it!!! :305: :305: :305:
Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:50:12 AM by Mister B

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 11:54:58 AM
Hi Eltar
of course we remember you. Welcome back.
As Mister B said someone on here (Scotsy?) has changed his CT top box under warranty ( the zip leaked) and gotten the Pan OEM box in silver in exchange to good effect on the CT. Its worth thinking about keeping the top box you have now on the Pan and fitting  it to the new bike !https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,1555.msg16565.html#msg16565
There are pictures of silver Givi side cases on here also which are neater and much much cheaper  than the Honda alm ones and should be considered. There is also a report that Honda has withdrawn the ALM cases from their accessory lists recently.
I have fitted the Powerbronze hugger, the cost was about €110 euro I think. Others have good reports on the Pyramid onehttps://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,1361.0.html
Cheers T
Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:12:35 PM by thetrecker
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 01:51:25 PM
Hi Eltar, and welcome back.
Great to hear that you are finally getting your CT. I can see from your post that you are extremely well informed, all the right choices seem to be in there. Congrats!  :046:

Offline Eltar

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Fazer 8 '14
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 10:01:54 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Cant wait to get my bike, the last few days are the hardest. The dealer says the earliest it can be is 5th of May, and the worst case scenario is the end of May.

Mister B and Thetrecker, I will check (in fact, I am doing it right now) the Givi range of cases like you say. Their quality is not for me to question, the quick release system, as far as I can tell from users thoughts on the internet, seems to be working well. What I want to have with my CT is to make it as slim as possible, and I don't mind paying another 200 Euros if thats what it takes. I have ridden a Pan for the last year like I said, so I want to make sure my bike is considerably slimmer and my top box is not as high or big as that of Pan. Givi Trekker 33, as far as the looks are concerned, seems amazing for a topcase for me, but I cant fit a helmet ofc. I dunno, I am still in the process of evaluation.

Correct me if I am wrong guys, but the leakage with the Honda original cases only and only happened with the topbox right? From a quick check of the forums, I couldn't find any reports about the failure / leakage of the panniers. I am asking you because you guys have been present from the very start, I might have missed some stuff while I was away.

average on my VFR1200X

Bikes owned: CBF250 - '08 V-Strom DL650 - '09 ST1300 Pan European - '13 VFR1200X - '14 Fazer 8

Offline Freaky

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: XL1000V Varadero
  • City / Town: Singapore
Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 10:55:49 AM
Hey Eltar, I guess we are on the same boat. Me too just came back after I realize that if I get the bike last year, I would have trouble with my finance every month. So the best thing to do is get off the forum. HAHAHAHA  :745: :745: :745:
Now I see some light at the end of the tunnel, I might be getting my very own CT this year. Still unsure when but definitely this year. Since CT are not so popular here in Singapore, dealers came up with package deals. Manual CT with crash bars, main stand and side panniers selling for SGD 33K, so +interest +road tax +insurance, it would cost about 36-38K. Fingers crossed and hope for the best.

:821:

Offline jacob

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 11:48:32 AM
Hi Freaky - fingers crossed you get your CT this year  :031: :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

arab-exile