Author Topic: Credibility of Forum Members  (Read 7586 times)

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Credibility of Forum Members
on: April 17, 2013, 07:07:40 AM
I may be completely wrong here BUT over the past couple of weeks, there appear to be some new members asking 'unusually uninformed' questions (being polite). Am I the only one with this opinion, or am I right.

I am also new to the term 'Forum Troll'. Have we been fortunate until now?

I like this site, as it is frequented by intelligent people who are passionate about their bikes, in this case the fantastic CT, and I want to stay. But unless the new 'unusually uninformed' members start asking reasonable questions, and start searching the forum for answers before starting the same topic over again, I'm off riding instead of posting.

I hope my assumptions are wrong, and that I am imagining a problem that doesn't exist, but I would like to inform all members with this posting that I will only be answering 'credible' postings from now on.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Crosstourer Member
Re: Credibility of Forum Members
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 09:52:09 AM
+1

I agree, 5 or 6 people all from the same Tuono forum and all enquiring about a buying a CrossTourer just does not make sense. Even their questions are slightly lame.

One has already bought a CT which is great, one more "might" be genuinly interested, but the others are having a laugh at our expense.

Offline The dogs

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Man Highlander
  • City / Town: St Martin
Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 12:35:55 PM
This is not uncommon on other sites and must be weeded out by those responsible for looking after others with genuine enthusiastic and interest in the bike the site was set up for in the first place. Sites are set up by those who care and 9 out 10 times at their own expense. It cost nothing to join and those of us that do, do so with respect for others enjoy it. However there will always be a minority of those who join just to wind others up with no genuine interest at all in what the sites about. Unfortunately this type of rif-raf are difficult to keep out and down to the sites moderators to attend to the house keeping and weed them out. Although not a CT owner myself, i have joined this site with a genuine interest in the bike as i have done with others with a 23 bike history behind me.

Kind regards and good luck

John "The dogs" Roberts

This is the last one.........honest

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 12:57:31 PM
These so called Trolls are common throughout the internet, forums and gaming!

I help to run a gaming server, running battlefield 3 and we spot them a mile off with their actions and or comments, they are only interested in pissing people off and stop them from enjoying the game. We ban them using their GUID.

Same here really, they come on and wind people up, so maybe admin could think about banning them using their IP address or something, if they are found to be trolls !

Offline The dogs

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Man Highlander
  • City / Town: St Martin
Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 01:08:39 PM
Nice comments Steve but like me they could log on from several different locations/IP Addresses. Gotta be another way.

This is the last one.........honest

Offline wheeledwidewebb

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Ramsgate
Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 02:25:55 PM
Its not me is it?

Offline garry

• Ex Member
  • Crosstourer Junior
Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 05:09:15 PM
excuse me a moment, much as i understand your point, i had no agenda before being called a TROLL, and i had to google it to find out what it was.

Not as if its anything to do with you ###ers, i test rode a CT at w/e..

Didn't rate it that highly,although it wasn't a particularly nice example, so i s,pose my interest is now diminished somewhat.

BUT...

Unfortunately this type of rif-raf

you may well have had a few new members on here, some of which may be a touch different than folk you are obviously very close to..

before you tar everybody as "riff raff" take a minute out of your life and find out who you are talking to.

Riff Raff indeed    :230:

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 05:44:40 PM
*Originally Posted by garry [+]
excuse me a moment, much as i understand your point, i had no agenda before being called a TROLL, and i had to google it to find out what it was.

Not as if its anything to do with you ###ers, i test rode a CT at w/e..

Didn't rate it that highly,although it wasn't a particularly nice example, so i s,pose my interest is now diminished somewhat.

BUT...

Unfortunately this type of rif-raf

you may well have had a few new members on here, some of which may be a touch different than folk you are obviously very close to..

before you tar everybody as "riff raff" take a minute out of your life and find out who you are talking to.

Riff Raff indeed    :230:
:745: seeing as you are no longer interested, bye then ! enjoy your tuono  :010:

arab-exile