Author Topic: Newbie intro  (Read 2471 times)

Offline The dogs

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Man Highlander
  • City / Town: St Martin
Newbie intro
on: April 13, 2013, 08:44:35 AM
Hi folks,  found your site and registered because of my interest in changing my current bike to the CT.  Some of you will know me from other adventure trailie sites such as AVB. I've been around a long time and had a few bikes but this CT has got my interest.
This is the last one.........honest

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: Newbie intro
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 06:29:19 PM
 :400:  I think the CT has got lots of people interested. Have fun an the test rides!  :031:

Offline slomogadgie

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Olde School CT
  • City / Town: Peternapper
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:33:57 PM
Hi Dog min:)

The CT is a very good bike. I looked at a few different bikes before going for the CT. My mind was made up by my pillion really. She reckoned it was the most comfy and confidence inspiring.
I took mine on a 420 mile round trip a couple of weeks ago where the temp never got much above freezing....the last 60 miles at 0deg in the dark. I felt no problems at all and could have done another 100 no problems.
Can't offer opinion on off road manners, but there's a few gadgies on here rate themvery well.

Welcome to the forum.
What do you mean it's raining....get ootside and ride the thing.

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 08:12:14 PM
 :400: Dogs. Not much room on that island you're on but the CT will be fantastic on those French roads which I presume you must use quite a bit. The first thing i noticed was the weight, the bike is heavy but once it's moving its  :047: :305:
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline The dogs

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 09:19:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome folks, and Paul how come you know about Guernsey. Been to Southend a few time as my dads family came from Essex and spent sometime there as a kid when on our hols. Your right though, France is the place most Channel Islanders go on their bikes although myself, I still have a love for the motherland and still prefer the UK. Something to do my roots I suppose.

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 09:26:46 PM
 :400:  Dogs..... There are a lot of very happy CT owners on here  and I am sure you will understand why when you ge a test ride ,,, Hope you get a try on a DCT as it's magic!!!!Enjoy reading the threads on here  and hope you will soon be joining us .. :305:

Offline jacob

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 01:27:32 AM
 :158: Hello from Australia and welcome to the group you will will find heaps of good info on this site enjoy your test rides and hope to get a CT  :001: :018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline The dogs

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 12:32:05 PM
*Originally Posted by Mister B [+]
:400:  Dogs..... There are a lot of very happy CT owners on here  and I am sure you will understand why when you ge a test ride ,,, Hope you get a try on a DCT as it's magic!!!!Enjoy reading the threads on here  and hope you will soon be joining us .. :305:

Thanks for the welcome. Still working on my local Honda dealer re a deal on my two bikes i'm trying to trade in. No response back yet so no deal on the island to date but there's time yet as not going to UK till July anyway. I'm not going t orush this as I do want the CT, just can't do it without selling what I've got.
Not sure if the DCT will be alright for my local short commute. Quite happy with a clutch bike as had them all my life and not worried about the weight as had a GS Adventure and a Varadero. At least the weight should be lower down then either the GSA and the dero.