Author Topic: Prospective ct buyer from malta  (Read 3203 times)

Offline benhur

• Crosstourer Junior
Prospective ct buyer from malta
on: April 10, 2013, 07:04:08 PM
Hi all.

I have been a member for a couple of weeks to learn all i could about the bike. Unfortunately the ct does not exist here so when i order one, it will be blind. Could i ask you owners a couple of questions;

1. What is the maximum laden weight on the bike. Is thks specified anywhere. On my 650 transalp its on the fork near the chain?
2. Can anyone post/send me to a link which either gives the service schedule or even better a link to an electronic version of the owners manual?

Thanks for your help in advance

R. From malta

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: Prospective ct buyer from malta
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:40:32 PM
 :400: to Rdot  :745:

I'm not sure about the weight, could you clarify if you need the 'all-in' maximum

eg: including such things as rider, passenger, Fuel, accesories, luggage etc?

The bike is around 275kg and 285kg for the DCT, quite heavy when static but the weight soon disappears as soon as you are moving

There are no links for electronic manuals but there is a thread with all the info you need to order one online or from ANY honda dealer, please read all info before ordering 62MGH00 costing about 40GBP not cheap but 2 x volumes and excellent

https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,1151.0.html

Offline benhur

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 08:59:49 PM
Thanks for thr reply....

I was more interested in the amount of weight it can carry. For eg. My transalp can carry according to the manual 180kg including rider pillion and luggage. How much can the crosstourer carry?

R.

Offline benhur

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 09:07:26 PM
Thanksfor the info re the service manual....that willbe useful for when i will need to  service mine....

Reuben

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 09:20:25 PM
*Originally Posted by benhur [+]
Thanksfor the info re the service manual....that willbe useful for when i will need to  service mine....

Reuben

Reuben

there are a few members now who have a genuine honda manual who i'm sure would scan and post certain parts of the manual for you when required for a job, don't be afraid to ask :152:

The manual cannot be posted as it could breach copyright rules and get the forum into trouble

Ian

Offline benhur

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 09:31:47 PM
Thanks once again...well the bit i need right now is the page with the service schedule on it, so that i can do some planning as to servicing costs. If someone can be so kind as to scan that i would be grateful....virtual round on me :)

R.

Offline jacob

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 10:33:08 PM
*Originally Posted by benhur [+]
Thanks once again...well the bit i need right now is the page with the service schedule on it, so that i can do some planning as to servicing costs. If someone can be so kind as to scan that i would be grateful....virtual round on me :)

R.

Here ya go, BTW I am replacing all oils and filters every 6,000km

:018:
2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 12:26:34 AM
Would you be importing it and not have a dealer to service it and keep the warranty intact?

Honda do a servicing package that a few of us have bought on purchasing the bike, costs about £550/£575 GBP to cover the first 4 services. Sounds a lot to pay out but saves a few hundred GBP's over paying for them each time

arab-exile