Author Topic: Bob Barnett says Hi from Ashbourne, Derbyshire  (Read 2817 times)

Offline BobBarnett

• Crosstourer Junior
Bob Barnett says Hi from Ashbourne, Derbyshire
on: April 06, 2013, 12:23:52 AM
I am new member on here and I was beginning to think I was the only Crosstourer rider in Europe. I have never seen another one on the road!
Just taken delivery of my latest CT which is the limited edition model with a standard manual gearbox. Grantham Honda managed to get me one made. Readers might be interested in what I have done on and to the CT. Last year rode 4.5K miles through Eastern Europe around Bosnia Croatia etc. Due to go back again in June 2013 (Montenegro and Albania). My first CT (just replaced, a deal I could not resist) averaged just over 42mpg, never used any oil and performed faultlessly. As I hate the standard CT luggage I avoided the SE model. This this year I purchased aluminium panniers and just had them fitted. Big mistake, they look vile. Now going back to my Gvi V35's. A bit small and side opening but they look really good and allow me to filter without catching the panniers. I have also added Datatool heated grips (£62) which are not unlike the expensive Honda items and much nicer than the Oxford brand. Givi crash bars, which I am really pleased with, a replacement MRA adjustable screen and a main stand.  Off to Wales tomorrow for my first proper ride on this one.

I have owned a number of BMW GS and GSA's. Never had any problems but always expected to break down and the finish was crap on the three bikes I owned. All things considered I am really enjoying the CT, just wish they had a bigger tank like the GSA as I do get about a bit and finding fuel can sometimes be difficult.

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Bob Barnett says Hi from Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 07:56:16 AM
Hi from me in Poole ;-)

Offline Feet up

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: RED CTX
  • City / Town: Barwell
Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 08:25:10 AM
 :400: from a local in Leicestershire.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 08:25:56 AM
 :400: Bob

from Sunny Lancashire  :305:

Have you got an Android phone as there are free apps available to find fuel sites

just googled and found this one already https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whatgas.android&hl=en

most sat-navs can also display nearby fuel sites with the touch of a button :305:

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 09:59:19 AM
 :400: to the forum Bob from Glasgow where the sun has made an appearance this morning  :001:

Heading off to Spain at 5 am tomorrow so hoping to get about 3k on the bike in the next couple of weeks, hope the weather is better there than here

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 01:39:41 PM
Hi Bob and welcome from Ireland.
Is that the Ashbourne close to Donnington?
Think I have relations close by.
Cheers
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 04:10:32 PM
 :400: Bob.....Interesting to see your comments about the V35s as I have just fitted them  and will be shortly off for a tour myself... If you have any good info on  Slovenia / Croatia,  places to see or things not to do,  they would be welcome as I am down there in September,taking the easy route this year on the train (DB) to Villach,Austria.

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 07:39:55 PM
 :400: Bob.

I don't think many people are impressed with the OEM luggage. I went for the H&B Journey 50 Top Box and think the V35's are next.

Maybe instead of pretty transfers on the 2013 bikes, they should consider some new luggage - although there's so much good stuff out there.

arab-exile