Author Topic: Moto GP and BSB start this weekend, any pre-season predictions?  (Read 12108 times)

Offline Telbert

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XDCT
Will Rossi win a race?
Will Marquez win a race?
Can either of them beat Pedrosa or Lorenzo.

Will Shakey win another championship?
Which Kiyonari will turn up? The one who won 3 championships or the one who looked like like he was ready to quit?
Will Alex Lowes beat them both?

Any predictions folks?

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Marquez def win a race.
Crutchlow to win a race.
If Pedrosa stays fit, he'll win the championship.
Marquez to knock off Lorenzo and probably everyone else come to think of it.

Any Brit to win the WSB but would prefer Sykes, maybe Haslam's luck will stay this year and he will at least win a race or 2.

Byrne or Brookes to win overall but would love Lowes to win it.
Hopefully Bridewell will win a race and also Walker.
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
ok, Questions answered and answers questioned...
Rossi should win one or two races at his favourite Mugello and Jerez, consistency all year will see his points total be in the top 4
Crutchlow will get more podiums and an outside chance of a win, and Mcn will talk huge amounts of sh*t.
Marquez will win a few and be disliked by all, just as in Moto2, If its wet he will fall if he tries those extreme lean angles
Pedrosa will be runner up again and then be finally ran from Honda.
Another title from Jorge with super consistency
Hayden and Dovi will either quit,swap mid year,or be sacked. Hayden needs to go.

Laverty to win WSB (NOT just because he's Irish)but its his best chance and he's super cool headed
If he does'nt, like to see Sykes do it
Don't forget Sam Lowes in world supersport, what a little Terrier

Shakey for history in BSB, look out for Keith Farmer winning 1 or 2 as well. Alex Lowes to be the most entertainment this year with his never say die attitude
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Telbert

• Crosstourer Pro
Looking into my crystal ball this is what I predict  :016:

Ha ha! MCN talking sh*t is the safest bet of the lot. Crutchlow may grab a few podiums but I can't see him winning a race. I get the feeling it will be Pedrosas year unless Yamaha have improved their bike over winter. I expect Marquez to have a season like Lorenzos first season in Moto GP, very fast but a few crashes along the way which could knock his confidence. Can't see Rossi winning more than a couple of races. Not sure what you meant about Hayden needing to go Trekker  :087: I'd like to see him on a Yamaha or back on a Honda cos he's wasting his time on a Ducati.

Would like to see Laverty, Rea or Sykes win WSB but the crystal ball says Melandri.

Brooke's won't win the BSB title as the Suzuki is past it's sell by date, Kiyonari will blow hot and cold, Lowes will push Shakey close but crack under pressure when it comes to the crunch leaving Shakey to comfortably claim the title. Can't see Keith Farmer winning a race this season but hope I'm wrong as I like the guy. Doesn't get the media attention that the Lowes lads do but he's every bit as talented.

WSB will provide the best racing as usual. Lots of potential winners every weekend unlike Moto GP and BSB.

Offline SPW999

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X-Silver
  • City / Town: Singleton
Well the 1st Free Practise at Losail, seems to have thrown in a few curved balls ???
Say no more until after the second later today.

Wife was out last night, so having recorded the Eurosport coverage, cooked my own dinner, and sat down to enjoy a night of MotoGP.

2 hours in, Wife returns.  Says " How Long is this on for"??  Reply.  "Until it finishes" !!  Says "Well I'm going to bed"  Reply "Goodnight"!! and turned up the volume..........

Yeah! The races (MotoGP - WSB - BSB ) start again.  Summer must be on it's way.

:305:     Sean.

Keep it on the Black Stuff or Dirt - BUT - Rubber Side Down.  Else it hurts!

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Eh Up Terry
That crystal ball is working well on most predictions but give it a good shake and get the snow back up to the top and look again :008:( only joking)
Yamaha always busy behind the scenes making tiny improvements and keeping quiet about them, 2 awesome riders on board who rarely moan and who come alive on race day only. Honda are always quick to up the budget and try something radical, sometimes it works and other times not, its 2 riders are not as predictable as Yamaha's over a season, We have to give Marquez a settling in period.
Ref Hayden, always liked the guy, was spectacular on a Honda 990 "backing in in" years ago and won his title with consistent points scoring rather than ballsy wins but his fire has gone, he can't lead any more and accepts he is always the 2nd man on the team ( Rossi, Stoner, Rossi again and now Dovi), no place for also rans in GP, he should grab Edwards hand and go off and try WSB or AMA again.
WSB, Melandri has the ability no doubt (although his titles are years ago) but the big budget BMW threw at him for the last while is gone and he's now on a satellite Gold bet team ( they tell you its factory supported but its never the same as "factory") so he will have to push harder and when he pushes the limit he checks out various gravel traps.....
Rea is a hot head, I watch him race from the start of his career on Irish roads, always dazzling but NEVER consistent and if he is leading the field by 8 seconds  he still pushes and crashes. He never looked at Max and saw the calm way to notch up points each Sunday and be in contention come year end.
Sykes is a joy to watch but this style of flat out from the line every time and then running out of tyres after 16 laps with 6 to go and then fading is getting frustrating, hope he tries a new tactic this year
 :031: 
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
The Doctor is back - you'll see  :169:

Offline Telbert

• Crosstourer Pro
Ey up Trekker, I agree with everything you said there except about Nicky Hayden. I'm disappointed to see him settle with playing second fiddle to his team mates at Ducati but I don't think he has lost any speed. I was really impressed with how hard he and Rossi were pushing in a wet practice session at Silverstone last year. We need to see him on a Yam or Honda before we pension him off.

We will see whose crystal ball needs recalibrating at the end of the season  :150: