Author Topic: Does anyone make an aftermarket full exhaust system for the CT?  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Splice

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
I have seen  slip on end cans for the CT but have not come across a full system yet does anyone know  if there is one available?

Offline matchip

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Selangor
My friend on Yammie S10 bought an Arrow full system with a good bargain that priced a little higher than my Akrapovic muffler for the CT. Maybe he though I should have get an Arrow full system instead (without knowing if its available or not).

S10 : You sure wasted good money on the Akra, Arrow sells much cheaper, another 10% of that you can get a full system.

CT :  Check out the bike's pipes!

(examining..)

S10 : Huh! Who wanna install that...

(still examining....)

CT : They don't built one for VFR1200F either...

Offline Splice

• Crosstourer Member
Thanks for the confirmation Matchip , That was my understanding too which is a shame as the CT is restricted by the small diameter of the header pipes.
Are you pleased with you Akrapovic?
Have also you upgraded the Filter to a BMC or K&N ?

Offline matchip

• Crosstourer Pro
I read the smaller pipe diameter on the CT required for that lovely low/mid torque. VFR1200F has a larger diameter, but to helps it on the low and mid range, it has a butterfly while our CT does not.

I went for the Akra because of two factors, finished product and sound. When the bike is to be delivered, I audition the Akra and had it installed since, so I really can't comment how the standard can feels like. My Akra can has a leak on one of it's rivet, claim from a dealer and they replace a new one, no question asked!  :028:

I installed a BMC airfilter when the bike clocks 20,000km. Now, my CT clocked at 21,500km. It felt better (of course, a diry 20,000km OEM filter vs all new BMC!), and I think, because I'm a bit confused as brain wants to believe it, the bike gets better mileage, + few points of a kilometer difference. Can spot the engine sounds gruntier than before.
Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:50:27 PM by matchip

Offline Splice

• Crosstourer Member
Thanks for the positive feedback on the Akrapovic.
I feel its still a shame not to release 15 to 20 HP from a cat less larger diameter full system
With a power commander and an hour set up on dyno it would be a substantial upgrade.
Without loosing grunt.
I have done the same in the past with a ZX9R and my Busa both with great results.
The standard filter is no better than the one on my Honda Lawn mower so the BMC should be noticeably less restrictive.
As the Akrapovic is slimmer than the standard exhaust  does that enable you to remove the rear wheel without loosing the silencer?
I will order the Akrapovic thanks for the recommendation

Offline matchip

• Crosstourer Pro
You still need to remove the muffler in order to remove the rear tyre.

There are two type of Akrapovic muffler for our CT. One is an made for Honda and the other aftermarket from Akrapovic themselves. The one made from Honda has a laser engraved logo while the other one with Akrapovic sticker. Price somewhat has a lot of difference. Made for Honda is shorter, with triple ring carbon fiber clamp. Looks 'Adidas', but pretty neat.

I think black and silver looks nicer with the laser engraved logo while red and white looks good with the sticker. I wonder if it's worth it.

http://www.hondabikes.gr/product.php?products_id=839&language=en

Offline Splice

• Crosstourer Member
Black DCT so will have  to go the Adidas route
There will be quite a wait saving over the standard can and as the exhaust weight has a pendulum effect  should make the CT easier to turn too.
Thanks for the info and feedback

arab-exile