Author Topic: Headlight  (Read 3240 times)

Offline Northseawarrior

• Crosstourer Member
Headlight
on: March 17, 2013, 09:58:51 PM
over the moon with my Crosstourer only dissapointment is the headlight got to say it's the worst light I've had on  a bike since my TS 125 that I had in 1978.
Could realy do to upgrade it it's a bit unerving on a night especially if it's raining.
Anyone else got any gripes with it?
I'm thinking about having a word with the dealer about it at least if he suggests a replacement I've got some come back if it ever effects the warranty. :084:

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Headlight
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 11:05:18 PM
Can't say I've noticed mine to be any less powerful than anything I've had before but have not yet been out in the dead of night either. Have you got like me the LED auxiliary lights? If do bang them on mate, it's closet thing to blooming day light with them buggers illuminated ;-)

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 11:13:28 PM
Well I think the headlight is ok anyway, better than my old CB1300 !

Offline Huncadrew

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 01:11:22 AM
Me too no problems with the light,  but then again I do not ride much at night and do not offroad enough to warrant the LED's

Offline moli

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 06:18:34 AM
HID xenon kit...

Offline Splice

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 08:16:46 AM
Yes totally agree  coming to the CT DCT from a sports bike the higher position of the Headlight causes  dead spots in the light pattern.I first went down the 80w Halogen upgrade route on the bulbs which was an improvement but still fell short of my last bike.I have now upgraded both main headlights to 35W HID Zenon units which is a massive improvement and problem solved.
Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 08:50:13 AM by Splice

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 04:23:18 PM
Yes indeed the headlight or more so the dip beam is inadequate, please see previous posts on this subject. I think its a Honda problem from experience, as a previous Varadero that was built in Spain( Montesa factory) had ok lights but were dipped to the right for European roads and no amount of spannering would adjust them to the left, simply no light shining on the ditch going into a left turn on dips!. Also a Hornet owned by a previous girlfriend had a appalling dip and head beam. My other bike - a XL250 R from 1984 has the brightness of a sacred heart bulb!
Lots of discussion as I say on aux LED spots on here, I found Philips Extreme bulbs a solid improvement and others have found Osram night breakers better.
Northseawarrior-I don't think you have any recourse on a warranty claim, they surely pass the minimum requirements. 
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Northseawarrior

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 07:54:27 PM
Hi think,you've misunderstood I wasn't thinking a warranty claim regarding the headlight was more concerned about effecting the warranty by fitting say xeon lights or something else.

arab-exile