Author Topic: Picked the bike up.......  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Bayleaf

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XC - RED
  • City / Town: Greater London
Picked the bike up.......
on: March 17, 2013, 04:46:09 PM
Picked the beast up on friday from Dobles and was annoyed that the Givi crash bars were not fitted - they are on back order, so the lights were wired and switch installed and will be fitted with the bars on the first service.

Weather was wet and dark and I rode it 50 miles home around a static M25 motorway, so can't really report too much on my experience (except Rukka clothing is ace!).

She over reads by about 7 mph at 70 mph - my Garmin 660 is obviously accurate and was fitted by the dealer who did a great installation using a touratech yolk ball mount and my ram mount that I supplied.

Edit to add - the headlight is absolutely shocking - I really need a decent bulb in there?!!

The engine is a real peach and has plenty enough power. I can't believe how wide she is with the trekker panniers!

Very comfy riding position as well. It's caked in road salt and looks a mess already!

Off for a European tour with Global Motorcycle tours in early July, so need to get the first service and Givi bars/spots fitted at the 600 mile service.

All in all, I'm happy with her.
Cars for show - Bikes for a pro...

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Re: Picked the bike up.......
Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 07:03:08 PM
Glad to hear you are happy with the bike  :062:

The additional lights I think are almost a must if you are using your bike in all weather at all times of the day and night, the Osram Nightbreakers are a cheap quick upgrade

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 03:56:22 PM
Ok so I've had my CT DCT for a week and have bimbled around a little covering 150 miles. I've read all the bumf cover to cover a few times and noticed there is no section on right and proper way to run the engine in. So I have it's first service in 450 miles but anyone know the correct rpm which the engine can be safely run up to before and after the 1st service please???? Thanks in advance ;-)

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 04:33:46 PM
In my handbook on page 12 is says to avoid full-throttle from standstill, abrupt acceleration, hard braking and abrupt gear changing for the first 500km (300 miles).
In other words, take it easy  :002:

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 05:20:41 PM
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
In my handbook on page 12 is says to avoid full-throttle from standstill, abrupt acceleration, hard braking and abrupt gear changing for the first 500km (300 miles).
In other words, take it easy  :002:

Ok great, thanks a lot, I'll have another look but cheers for your contribution :-)

Offline Barbancourt

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X
  • City / Town: Drongen
Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 08:49:12 PM
Don't worry to much about ridini the bike. All engines have been on a testbench before leaving the factory.
Maybe it is more important to change gears a lot.

Offline cozmo1589

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 09:28:25 PM
*Originally Posted by Barbancourt [+]
Don't worry to much about ridini the bike. All engines have been on a testbench before leaving the factory.
Maybe it is more important to change gears a lot.

Ok cheers :-)

Offline Carl

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Sydney
Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 08:25:44 AM
Hi Bayleaf!  May I ask how wide your bike is with the Trekker panniers?  Which ones do you have, 33 or 46L?  I am very close to ordering a set.  Thanks.