Author Topic: New boots  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
New boots
on: March 12, 2013, 09:24:17 AM
Even after 30 odd years of riding it's easy to forget how great a new set of tyres feels :046:

Just swapped the original Bridgestones for Dunlop TR 91's following the Adventure Bike Tyre test and whilst as yet it's too early to say how good they are the difference in having new tyres is amazing. The bike feels like it's lost 100kg's. Turns, stops just feels so much more responsive.

Can honestly say the Bridgestones were the worst set of tyres I've ever had on a Motorcycle so was please to get rid of them. Being a tight arse though I did manage to squeeze nearly 7K miles out of them so they were truly knackered.

But, as tyres deteriorate so gradually one really doesn't notice just how bad they can get.

Not quiet up there with sleeping with a new woman but a pretty great feeling all the same :008:

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Re: New boots
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 05:36:03 PM
 :0461: :062:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:01:14 PM
*Originally Posted by Harry H [+]
Just swapped the original Bridgestones for Dunlop TR 91's following the Adventure Bike Tyre test and whilst as yet it's too early to say how good they are the difference in having new tyres is amazing. The bike feels like it's lost 100kg's. Turns, stops just feels so much more responsive.

I wonder if Dunlop do TR 91's in a size 10, because I'd like to feel like I'd lost 100 kilos too!

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:04:16 PM
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
I wonder if Dunlop do TR 91's in a size 10, because I'd like to feel like I'd lost 100 kilos too!
:008: :745: :460:
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline garibaldi

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 09:45:19 PM
Can't say the Bridgestone tyres have given me any problems wet or dry. Chicken strips non existant, and grip in wet and snow of last few days has been fine. When I change them I will be putting on sport touring tyres, as I agree this is the best option if staying on the roads.

arab-exile