Author Topic: Screen (once again!)  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Barbancourt

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X
  • City / Town: Drongen
Screen (once again!)
on: March 07, 2013, 09:31:03 AM
When I bought my CT second hand with only 4.000 km on the clock, it had the touring screen on it. Reading this forum, I was happy that I didn't had to buy another screen, since the OEM screen was not good at all. Noise, turbulances etc...

But..... I was interested to know how the standard Honda screen really was. So, called a Honda dealer, and was very surprised when he told me the price of that little screen, namely € 450!!!!!   :005: That was too much for me, just to try it out. After a few weeks I could buy a "new" second hand for just € 50.

Now it is on my bike, and have to say that I don't have more noise than with the touring screen. Also no turbulance around my helmet. Only negativ thing is that I have to keep my helmet close as soon as I go faster than approx. 80 km/h

Conclusion, I will keep this screen on my bike, (It also looks better than the touring screen!), and keep the other one as a spare screen in case of.......

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Re: Screen (once again!)
Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 01:17:01 PM
Glad you posted this as I was thinking of getting an Airflow before really trying out the standard screen. Will get out on a long trip and try this out before deciding.  :028:
Did you have it on the higher setting?
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline Barbancourt

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200 X
  • City / Town: Drongen
Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:30:50 PM
Yes, it is in the highest position.
I am shure a lot depends on how tall you are ( I'm 1,84m), your position on the bike, the position of your head etc... But as I said, as soon as you drive a little faster, helmetscreen must be closed.

Just give it a try.

Offline Nickel

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 01:55:01 PM
*Originally Posted by Barbancourt [+]
Yes, it is in the highest position.
I am shure a lot depends on how tall you are ( I'm 1,84m), your position on the bike, the position of your head etc

Quite right. I'm only 1,74 m and for me the oem touring screen works just fine until now (only 500 km done so far this week).
Grtz
Nickel