Author Topic: Expensive day at the dealers....  (Read 5332 times)

Offline Bayleaf

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XC - RED
  • City / Town: Greater London
Expensive day at the dealers....
on: March 06, 2013, 06:40:30 PM
Hi all,

I have just popped into Doble Honda near Croydon, UK (outskirts of London) to look at the Crosstourer.

They had a nice silver one in stock, 1200 miles on a '12' plate - had givi crash bars, Givi enduro luggage and spot lamps, the taller honda screen and it looked lovely.

No test ride as I've just had a bladder operation - but the sales guy was more than willing for me to go out for an hour if I wanted.
So - this bike was up for £10,500 - not too bad considering all the goodies it had and only 1200 miles.

I'm part exchanging my massive 2008 Kawasaki GTR1400 and the dealer then threw a big spanner in the works......
.....He can offer me a brand spanking new Crosstourer in any colour, delivery within a week, fitted with Givi crash bars, Givi spot lamps, taller screen and the Givi enduro luggage for only two thousand more than the 12 plate bike.....

So, I have just ordered the new one for 15th march collection - they're also going to fit my Garmin Zumo 660 with ram mounts (I'm providing all the parts).

Bike looks nice in the brochure - think it's candy red.

All my touring buddies have the GS1200, so it'll be interesting what they think of it. I'm off to the Pyrenees in July with Global motorcycle tours, so I'll get a good idea of it then.

Previous steeds have been many, including a 2011 Hayabusa, Bmw S1000RR, GTR1400, DL1000 VStrom etc...

Looking forward to joining your community - will now get busy reading the forum threads!

Cheers,

Bayleaf.
Cars for show - Bikes for a pro...

Offline Southern Man

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
Re: Expensive day at the dealers....
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:44:59 PM
Bayleaf, welcome and a great decision. I think a number of us can identify with your visit to the dealers 'just to have a look' or buy an oil filter and come back with a bike!

Enjoy your new steed, its a great bike and this is a very helpful bunch of guys on this forum.

Offline Bayleaf

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 06:46:43 PM
Cheers Sothern man - I'm based near Uxbridge - you local? Ace cafe on a friday night?

Offline Southern Man

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 06:49:48 PM
Hi Bayleaf,

I'm in leafy Hampshire so not that local. Head out mainly down the Meon Valley and the coast for short runs.

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 06:51:14 PM
 :400: Bayleaf. Good choice.

Offline Feet up

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: RED CTX
  • City / Town: Barwell
Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 07:23:12 PM
 :400: Maybe we should take out insurance against visits to Honda dealers. Nice specification and great deal.

Bayleaf? not a Fireman by anychance?  :745:

Offline Bayleaf

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 07:35:58 PM
*Originally Posted by Feet up [+]
:400: Maybe we should take out insurance against visits to Honda dealers. Nice specification and great deal.

Bayleaf? not a Fireman by anychance?  :745:

Cough...!! Ahem...no! But my occupation is, somewhat not considered to be to everyones liking!

Someone has to do it and I'm one of the more decent ones...(so my wife tells me!) :430:

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 07:44:27 PM
Umm, think I would of done the same if I was offered but I picked up a 12 plate with 500 miles for that price, with the Honda extras but not the lamps. The money I saved will be going on an Akra, hugger, possibly the lamps and a Givi airflow screen.
 :400: BTW
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.