Author Topic: Frame Bungs/Caps !!!!  (Read 3697 times)

Offline SPW999

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X-Silver
  • City / Town: Singleton
Frame Bungs/Caps !!!!
on: March 05, 2013, 03:10:50 PM
Hi All,
For those that are interested.  When I had my Blackbird most of my Bling parts were accessed from Jaws Motorcycles.
The only really Ugly part of the CT and my dear Blackbird, was/is the frame securing bolt orifices.  No problem with the Blackbird, Jaws supplied them.
Made such a difference to the sight of the bike.
Been trolling the net. 
Our CT of course utilises the frame of the VFR1200F.  Found - Available on eBay.co.uk
I have ordered a set. Will update when I receive.
LINK FOR YOR INFO:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VFR-1200F-1200-F-Sportbike-Frame-Cap-Set-Fits-2010-2011-2012-10-11-12-/400311552911?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d346d8b8f

Fills a HOLE that is UGLY - If U get my Meaning   !!!!!

:305:     S.
Keep it on the Black Stuff or Dirt - BUT - Rubber Side Down.  Else it hurts!

Offline JB13

• Crosstourer Member
Re: Frame Bungs/Caps !!!!
Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 07:39:52 PM
R+G do something similar but much more expensive so I'll be interested in how well these things fit

Offline SPW999

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:06:34 PM
Hi yall ! Update.

Bungs/Caps ordered on 05/03 - posted from Florida USA on 06/03 arrived this am. Might well have been earlier if Mr Postie had been able to make deliveries, but as this is the first day since the snow, that our lane has been navigable by anything but a 4x4 or tractor I cannot say. Even so - Not bad service.
Customs declaration on package showed value as 10$ so No VAT to pay !!!!  (Well NONE requested !!)  :028:

Set is Eight Bungs.  The larger 4 are  Hard Rubber - the others - all same size - Soft Plastic.  Compared to the bungs sourced from Jaws for the Blackbird - These are of a much better quality.  Just hope they fit?

I will update with some pics - Before & After - when I am able to fit them, which will be when the 3 foot high snow drift across the whole of the front of the garage door has melted away, and I can get in.  (I am NOT getting the spade out! - Fitment is not that urgent). Looking through the window it appears that there is also plenty of snow inside !!!!

:305:     S.

Trying to get my wording correct - Hopefully Last Edit  :232:
Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:22:33 PM by SPW999

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 03:16:03 PM
Hey Sean, did you get a chance to fit these bungs yet, interested in seeing what they look like.
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline SPW999

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 07:36:15 PM
*Originally Posted by PaulB [+]
Hey Sean, did you get a chance to fit these bungs yet, interested in seeing what they look like.

No Not Yet - Front of Large Shed in wood - My Garage faces EAST - Went up there this am with all good intentions of fitting some farkling bits.........

Half an Hour Later -  :190: :190: :190: :190: :190: :190: :190: :190: :190: :190: :190: :190:

So gave up !!  Couldn't feel my fingers. Sods law as you have recently found, will dictate a nut/bolt/screw will slip from the fingers and disappear within the bike, never to be seen again....

Tomorrow (Sat) or the next (Sun).  We shall see.  Hopefully    !!!!

:305:     Sean.

Offline SPW999

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Pro
Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 04:09:36 PM
Well - despite the  :190: wind and temperature this morning and the sun being out, which makes it seem a tad warmer, decided that I must do something to the CT.
So fitment of the Frame Bungs and Bolt Caps was on the cards.  Not a hard job at all !!!  :152: . You would think ? The instructions suggested a few drops of Super Glue to keep all in place. Bolt caps went on nice and easy.  No problems. Frame Bungs slight problems.  Remember that when I made the purchase from the US site.  I ordered Bungs/Caps for the VFR 1200F. None yet made for the VFR 1200X.  I thought that the frame might be the same, but it would appear - NOT SO! Every ONE of the Frame recesses on the CT and the Bungs received are a slightly different size.  Also the largest recess on the Offside (UK roads !!!) the main frame bolt end does extend a couple of mm's and does not allow the Bung to fully seat within the frame.  Hoping you are understanding what I mean. No problems with the 2 smaller frame bungs tho.

Anyway with some judicious applications of Super Glue all the Bungs are fitted.  How long they will stay there, only time will tell.   :112: .  Pics of before and after are in my gallery, and I will now attempt to attach them to this post.

After:

Before:

Seems that the After pics are before the Before pics - but what the  :172:

IMHO They DO improve the Look of the CT.

Having started farkling, then decided to fit the SW Motech  Engine Guard.  Sun went in!  Wind got up! Temp went down to 2C.  So I Gave Up. Now a job quarter done. Always tomorrow !!!  ???  But now have to finish fitment before I can ride. :110:
 :305:     Sean.

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 05:22:18 PM
Good job Sean, wouldn't be any fun if they just popped in would it  :015: but you are right it does look better  :028:
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline Splice

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: DCT
  • City / Town: Canterbury
Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 11:07:12 PM
Hi Sean
Fitted the SW Engine Guard last week.
You will need to bend inward the  rear centre of the guard so that it goes between the standard Honda centre stand otherwise it will not go back far enough.
It only needs about 8 mm I used a large adjustable spanner but you if you have a vice or a pair of maul grips it would do the job.
It will then fit perfectly
Good luck
Regards
Splice