Author Topic: Hi from new member. Staffs U.K.  (Read 1952 times)

Offline fletch

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Jury still out !
  • City / Town: Heath Hayes
Hi from new member. Staffs U.K.
on: March 03, 2013, 10:10:06 AM
Hi everyone.  I have been a member since May 2012 after seeing the forum launch, and taken two test rides on the CT from two different dealers. Initial thoughts were that it was definitely more suited to my riding style ( and age ) than my 2010 VFR 1200FD. I have been following the threads with interest over the past 10 months to keep up to date with peoples experiences. A few weeks ago I found myself at a local Honda dealer Brindley Wolverhampton. They had two CT's one in black, one in red that they had given a considerable reduction from list. My 1200FD went to live there a couple of Saturdays ago, and I picked up the black CT on 1st March.  :046: 16 miles home and tucked up in the garage. Despite the salt on the roads I set off with a couple of mates yesterday at 10 a.m. Ride up to the midway truckstop for a breakfast, then up through Wrexham and up to the ponderosa at the horseshoe pass for a tea. Down through Llangollen. Then on to Betws-y-Coed. Thought it would be nice to see the sea as we were so close so headed over the mountains down through the slate mines and through Porthmadog to Criccieth. Back around Bala lake ( awesome road if you know it ) and eventually back home for 7:30 p.m. 280 miles, no aches, and a big smile on my face :001: Great bike. Few more pieces of info. Manual , not that I didn't like the dual clutch. Honda heated grips. Old hugger from my VFR12. It does fit. New centre stand, the tech did fit the one from my FD but it didn't touch the floor ( not much use then ). Going to go and wash all the salt of now.  Great forum, great bike.

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Re: Hi from new member. Staffs U.K.
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:14:44 AM
 :400: and congrats to your new CT  :062:

Great you can go on tours already, here in switzerland there is still snow and minus temperatures ... so where's spring  :157:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 10:22:12 AM
 :400:  and congrats on the new bike. Great Intro - route sounds good. I was at RAF Cosford for three years, so know the area fairly well.

The bike is truly awesome, and you're happy - result!  :046:
Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:25:21 AM by Doc

Offline Paul

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:12:13 AM
Hello fletch, sounds like you had a nice introduction to the CT. You put me to shame as I have had my CT DCT for 5 months now and have still only covered 300 miles :003:

If and when the weather eventually gets above 3 degrees and the roads turn from white (with salt) back to their normal colour, my bike will be out for the rest of the year.

Your trip brings back memories, back in the late 70's I lived in Wrexham and know your route well from when I had a trusty CX500, it was nice going round the Horse Shoe Pass, how I wish for some hills in North Norfolk where I live now. Glad to hear the Ponderosa is still open for business :001: I also remember playing on a DT175 at the old slate quarry opposite the Ponderosa. Don't think I would take my CT there now:187: my DT175 was £700 new - I think they call it inflation :745:

Enjoy  :031:

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 04:37:33 PM
Hi Fletch and  :400:. I did quite a few of the places about 4 yrs ago on my old ZZR 1100. You are really lucky to have that area on your doorstep . It would be nice to get back over there again on the CT one day  :169:

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 05:07:13 PM
 :400: even if you've been on here a lot longer than me. I can't wait to do trips like that, fingers crossed :180:
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline fletch

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Jury still out !
  • City / Town: Heath Hayes
Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 06:18:51 PM
Cheers for the warm welcome.  :031:

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 07:15:40 PM
 :400: Fletch

Congratulations on your purchase, sounds as if you have had a good first run enjoying the CT  :305: