Author Topic: NewBeamer  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Feet up

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: RED CTX
  • City / Town: Barwell
NewBeamer
on: March 02, 2013, 08:29:35 PM
Made a visit to the BMW dealer in Northampton today to take a look at the new GS, nice screen adjuster and I would like the vario panniers on the CT but everything else still resembles a Massey Ferguson.

I do like the look of the anniversary edition RT in black and could be tempted to take one out for a test. I’ve never ridden a Boxer but fancy swopping the Pan for something lighter and Honda don’t appear to have a replacement on the horizon.

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: NewBeamer
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 09:49:49 PM
I went to the Bike show in Dortmund today, and was told that the new GS has some problems and isn't available for delivery at the moment. Don't know exactly what's wrong, but it's not a good start for the new machine.

Yesterday, my Honda dealer and some customers were also talking about the problems they are having - seems to have some substance, I wonder what's up  :084:

Offline Feet up

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: RED CTX
  • City / Town: Barwell
Re: NewBeamer
Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 08:22:34 PM
I did mention the reported handling issues (be rude not too) to the salesmen and he said that BMW had no issues with the new bike but due to a couple of comments made during the launch hey are making modifications. :173:

One question I keep asking myself after reading the report is that if you are traveling at 75MPH and your handle bar turns enough to damage the lock stop how come you don’t hit the deck?
Just think how much a bike drops in when you use the smallest amount of counter steer.