Author Topic: PaulB says Hi  (Read 4422 times)

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X silver
  • City / Town: Southend-on-Sea
PaulB says Hi
on: February 27, 2013, 08:12:43 PM
 :158: everyone. Looks like you're a friendly bunch so not too afraid to post now.
Just put a deposit down on an ex-demo Silver XT and picking it up this Saturday. Currently have a Z1000SX which is being chopped in :019: I did love the bike but time for a bit more comfort and I have a habit of only keeping bikes 2-3 years.
Have owned a number of bikes since being 'born again" including: a Bandit 600, Thunderace, Fireblade (2001), ZX10R (2004 nutter bike), GSX1400, CB1000R.
I'm married with 3 'boys' all in their 20's and I love all sport as well of riding of course.
Do several trips a year, mainly in France. Always go to Le Mans MotoGP and sometimes Assen & Silverstone, also watch lots of BSB races.
One last thing (for now) I've done two trips to Ecuador + one to Morocco on off road bikes for charity, absolutely brilliant times.
That's enough for now, you will see me around as I slowly need to add bits to the bike and will be asking for advice. :030:
I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Re: PaulB says Hi
Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:24:32 PM
Hi PaulB and  :400:. I am still a relatively new member on here, and have only owned my CT for 3 weeks ,only having covered 145 miles on it from new  :019:, but in the short few miles I've done with it I have been really impressed  :152: I had an adventure bike before the CT , but the Honda is in a different league  :020:
What were your impessions of the SX ? As a mate of mine is hoping to get one this year, to give him and his wife who are both small, a bit more room than his R6 has for touring.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 08:26:49 PM
 :400: Hi Paul :305:

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:31 PM
*Originally Posted by Saxon747 [+]
Hi PaulB and  :400:. I am still a relatively new member on here, and have only owned my CT for 3 weeks ,only having covered 145 miles on it from new  :019:, but in the short few miles I've done with it I have been really impressed  :152: I had an adventure bike before the CT , but the Honda is in a different league  :020:
What were your impessions of the SX ? As a mate of mine is hoping to get one this year, to give him and his wife who are both small, a bit more room than his R6 has for touring.
As you can see its my first bike of this type but I really enjoyed the test ride. The SX is good for touring although the seat is a bit hard, ended up buying an Air Hawk. Had to adjust the rear suspension especially when taking a pillion but generally it behaved itself. Took a guy bigger than me to France and once i got used to a pillion it was good. The screen is adjustable but found it didn't give much protection, even on the higher setting, I'm not that tall (just under 6'). I replaced the fugly exhausts with some Vance & Hines and it sounded  :062:

Offline Saxon747

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Highlander DCT
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 09:11:12 PM
*Originally Posted by PaulB [+]
As you can see its my first bike of this type but I really enjoyed the test ride. The SX is good for touring although the seat is a bit hard, ended up buying an Air Hawk. Had to adjust the rear suspension especially when taking a pillion but generally it behaved itself. Took a guy bigger than me to France and once i got used to a pillion it was good. The screen is adjustable but found it didn't give much protection, even on the higher setting, I'm not that tall (just under 6'). I replaced the fugly exhausts with some Vance & Hines and it sounded  :062:
My mate is only '5 5" ish ,and was hoping the SX  would be a lot easier on his shoulders ,with maybe even bar raisers as well. As after a day on his R6 ,it nearly needs 2 of us to lift him off his steed  :008: A Crossrunner might nearly suit him, if he  took the time to try one.
Are you getting the manual or the DCT version ?
Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:43:11 PM by Saxon747

Offline PaulB

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 09:18:34 PM
Seat is fairly low on the SX so could be good for your mate.
Getting a Manual SE. Will post pictures once I've got it.

Offline Telbert

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XDCT
Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 09:42:02 PM
Hi Paul,  :400: to the forum.

Nice to see another Moto GP/WSB/BSB fan around here  :028:

. . . Terry

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast