Author Topic: CT Temperature indicator  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Narcis

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: CT 1200 DCT
  • City / Town: Granollers
CT Temperature indicator
on: February 25, 2013, 10:24:36 PM
Hi all,

I have noticed big differences between real temperature and the CT temperature indicator. At real 6ºC, the CT indicates 10ºC, don't know if this difference is constant for all temperature range.
Have you noticed similar behaviour in your CT's?
Does anyone know if is it possible to adjust?

Offline LP

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leuven
Re: CT Temperature indicator
Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 05:13:18 AM
the temp.sensor must be close to the engine somewhere , if you drive , after a few km's , for me it is 1 degrees celsius more positive then what i read on temp signes at the sides of the road

greetings
LP

Offline Narcis

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: CT 1200 DCT
  • City / Town: Granollers
Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 08:35:12 AM
Hi LP,
The motorbike and engine were stopped for 2 days when I measured temperatures, so the engine influence on the sensor had no repercussions at all.

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 09:28:03 AM
*Originally Posted by Narcis [+]
Hi LP,
The motorbike and engine were stopped for 2 days when I measured temperatures, so the engine influence on the sensor had no repercussions at all.

Engine temp does affect the sensor if you're stationary. It always rises on mine by a few degrees when I stop for petrol.

I also noticed whilst stopped a the lights the other day that the Hornet next to me had 10c showing whilst mine was showing 6c. I think quit often they should be used as a guide rather than an absolute. Let's face it on a bike you hardly need electronics to tell you when its cold :015:

arab-exile