Author Topic: Honda uk have told my dealer today that they wont be accepting any more warranty  (Read 4184 times)

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
...about the luggage leaking water in. it seems they told him they are looking into a modification to the existing box and that (their words) ...."Honda do not claim anywhere that their luggage is waterproof"

What a ridiculous statement to make!!!

Fuming sat in a layby near Penrith on my way to Scotland after just getting the message and pulling over to read it and to
call them back.

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
For that ridiculous amount of money it has to be waterproof. They didn`t sell heaps of the things up until now, I suppose sales will go down the drain now...
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline matchip

• Crosstourer Pro
  • City / Town: Selangor
If I had known, I would buy the VFR1200F top box with CT's side panniers. The VFR1200F is a bit cheaper, better finish, matching color (RED of course), looks much better, single key, fit an arai without forcing it, with a backrest and water proof.

* don't mind the towel sneaking out of the box.  :164:

:157: :232:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
Have made this reply to my dealer

Hi Mark, here is the link to my video 2013 02 22 15 18 22

I am not happy with Honda over this and have posted so on the forum https://www.crosstourer.com/index.php/topic,1555.0.html

Am i now stuck with this box or could i swop it for a silver VRF1200F box as the only way they can cure this FAULT is to make the lid deeper (to accept a FF helmet) and of ONE PIECE construction. It should never have been allowed out of the factory with such a stupid design, any topbox should be able to carry at least 1 x FF helmet and ALL luggage should be WATERPROOF.

The person who made the statment should be ashamed and embarrassed and i would like their name and Email address please so that i can complain directly. I will be contacting them anyway as the topbox is not 'fit for purpose' and they might live to regret making the ridiculous statement that "Honda don't claim anywhere that the luggage is waterproof"

From a digruntled owner of presently 3 x Honda motorcycles!!!

Ian Scotson

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Sorry guys but the price of the plastic Honda luggage put me off straight away, personally I have always favoured GIVI.

Still it is very disappointing to hear Honda are now saying they never said it was waterproof to begin with and are abandoning their customers

Offline Feet up

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: RED CTX
  • City / Town: Barwell
Bloody disgraceful.
If Honda are prepared to swap it for another model consider the ST1300 top box. It’s fully water tight holds 2 x flip fronts and is made by Givi. 

I only use mine with a pillion so can’t say if it effects the the stability solo. 

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
I'm speechless:005:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
I'm speechless:005:

Every cloud has a silver lining  :745: :745: :745:

Sorry Doc. couldn't resist myself  :192:

Been on the phone to customer services this afternoon and logged an official complaint and vented my disgust, will report back when they contact me again :305:

My dealers hands are now tied by Honda refusing to give any credit for my OE topbox so i have even lost the dealers offer of replacing it with a Givi trekker or maybe another Honda box from the range as suggested above

Ian

arab-exile