Author Topic: Honda top box  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Southern Man

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
Honda top box
on: February 23, 2013, 12:23:43 PM
Hi All,

Some on the forum have said that they have had water getting into their Honda top boxes and one or two have had them replaced. On the replacement ones, has the design changed in any way to improve the water protection?

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Re: Honda top box
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 05:10:58 PM
*Originally Posted by Southern Man [+]
Hi All,

Some on the forum have said that they have had water getting into their Honda top boxes and one or two have had them replaced. On the replacement ones, has the design changed in any way to improve the water protection?

NO!!!!

same part number, same leak

Just had mine swopped last week and it leaks in at the same place(s) where the zippers meet the hinge ends

<iframe width="640" height="360" src=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 05:29:32 PM
Scotsy,
What do you think Honda will say when you take the new one back? I think it's grounds to get your cash back. Then you can buy one that doesn't leak.

I think the side boxes are OK, but the zip on the top box doesn't look good. When they first came out, I heard some people talking about security - that you could cut through the material with a knife. I've haven't heard of it actually happening yet but it may worry some.
Apart from the top box leaking, I think they are way overpriced anyway. Not one of Hondas best accessories. :003:

Offline steve

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Llanelli
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 05:49:37 PM
My Honda dealer advised me not to buy the honda top box and go for Givi instead, which of course I did ! plus they are a bit expensive compared to some others.