Author Topic: Tankbag  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Austria1

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Vienna
Tankbag
on: February 22, 2013, 03:23:41 AM
Is anyone using the Givi Tanklocksystem. Need some info about quality an if it fits like the SW-Motech Stuff.
If possible please post Photos.

Thanks
wish you all the best
-----------------------------------------------------------------
don't worry drive crosstourer

Offline SPW999

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X-Silver
  • City / Town: Singleton
Re: Tankbag
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 10:20:48 AM
Hi Austria1 - Yes I have Givi Tank Bag with Tanklock system.  Some pics of it mounted on the bike are in my gallery. If U want closeups will take some and post 4U.
Can I say that it is a great system, easy to mount the bag, and easy to take off - especially when filling with petrol.
I would say that the only downside is that because it is mounted over the petrol filler, the handlebars do touch the bag on FULL Lock, and any extra handlebar switches fitted can if not properly positioned get in the way.  But that is a Slight downside.
On previous bikes I have used a Bagster Tank cover, and Bagster Tank Bag. Which was fine, but at the time I bought my Givi, Bagster were not making a Tank Cover or Tank Bag for the CT.
Get back to me if you want any further info.

:305:     S.
Keep it on the Black Stuff or Dirt - BUT - Rubber Side Down.  Else it hurts!

Offline Austria1

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer
  • City / Town: Vienna
Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 04:23:22 PM
Thanks SPW999

Is it possible to mount the ring on the Tankbag in different Positions like on the SW-Motech so that the Tankbag comes near to the Driver.  And can the Tankbag be secured on the bike so you dont have to take it with you on a coffee break?
Sorry if my english is not perfect but it is long time ago since i learned.
wish you all the best
-----------------------------------------------------------------
don't worry drive crosstourer

Offline SPW999

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X-Silver
  • City / Town: Singleton
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 10:13:58 AM
Austria1.

YES the mount ring can be moved.  On mine the mount ring base is positioned at its furthest position to move the bag back towards the rider.  I found that when positioning the bag farther away from the rider, the bag itself came up against the handlebars and restricted movement.  The main reason for this, is that the petrol filler - to which one attaches the metal mount ring - on the CT is very far forward due to the shape of the actual petrol tank.

NO the tankbag cannot be secured on the bike, but as it is SO VERY EASY to remove.  I have never found it a problem.  Even if it could be secured I would not want to leave it on the bike unattended, unless of course it was empty which of course would negate having it fitted on your ride.

Any more questions - Do not hesitate to ask.

:305:     S.

PS.  Your English - BETTER than my Austrian !!!!!!!!
Keep it on the Black Stuff or Dirt - BUT - Rubber Side Down.  Else it hurts!

arab-exile