Author Topic: Spring has Sprung .............well...........for a couple of days anyway LOL  (Read 4334 times)

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Last Friday i rang my bike supplier (Blackpool Honda) to report some water ingress into my topbox 'last year' and on the way home from my weeks work from Scotland today i got a phone call to say "your replacement topbox is here", so i carried on home and seeing as it was mid-afternoon and 9 degrees Centigrade i donned my bike gear and took the CT for a spin  :305:

It was a mostly boring trip on the motorways but great to be back on two wheels and i finally got to experience my DCT 'blipping the throttle' on a couple of downshifts. I had read on this forum that it did do that but had never (before today) provoked it to do it :152:

Isn't the DCT system great!!!

Swopped my topbox for a brand new one, no hassle, nothing to sign etc...........just another good reason to buy a Honda from a ONE MAKE dealership with a trusting relationship with thier suppliers

Mr 'H' rules

ian  :305:

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
Great to be out again for sure.

Did you blip it by changing down too early? I seem to remember that's how it happened to mine but haven't found any other way so far to make it do it on command.

Any input welcome mate

Trev

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
*Originally Posted by GS TRV [+]
Great to be out again for sure.

Did you blip it by changing down too early? I seem to remember that's how it happened to mine but haven't found any other way so far to make it do it on command.

Any input welcome mate

Trev

Yes Trev, thats how it happened

I was in SPORT mode and usually just roll off the throttle on approach and let the electronics decide 'when' to downshift (If I'm in drive mode i do tend to use the overide buttons and usually get it spot-on) but i was getting a bit giddy and popped in an 'early' one and was surprised to hear the motor 'blip' to smooth out the downshift. So i tried it again and it was no fluke!!!

It's a bit like having a 'slipper clutch'

I've been a bit wary of early downshifts these days as i 'left the road' after locking my backwheel near Corgarff Castle (Lecht) about 3 years ago on a suziki thou, the bike was written off and i was a very lucky chap

before  :037:

after  :005:

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
yikes  :005:

live to fight another day though and at least it steered you towards a decent bike  :008:

Ill give mine a wee blast later and see if i can make it burble - Akra does help though lol

Trev

Offline Southern Man

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: Crosstourer
Hi scotsy, were there any changes to the new box design or seals? Also, did they change your locks over as well?

Offline SPW999

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X-Silver
  • City / Town: Singleton
Don't know about - Spring Has Sprung - Minus 5C here last night,  :190:  and still minus 3C now :190: .
Lane to civilization  where I live is very white and very slippery.  Was hoping to get out early today, for the first ride of 2013.  Looks like I will 'maybe' make it this afternoon, if the wife will walk the dogs for me, and the sun clears the lane !!
Let U know if I am successful!

:305:     S.
Keep it on the Black Stuff or Dirt - BUT - Rubber Side Down.  Else it hurts!

Offline SPW999

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X-Silver
  • City / Town: Singleton
Front Garden - STILL FREEZING  !!!! :190:

:305:   S.
Keep it on the Black Stuff or Dirt - BUT - Rubber Side Down.  Else it hurts!

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
+6C in Glasgow at the moment, sun is shining and the roads are drying (still covered in salt though) and I am just about to get ready for work  :157: