Author Topic: My new exhaust both sounds and looks great.  (Read 13969 times)

Offline Strikemaster

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: VFR1200X
My new exhaust both sounds and looks great.
on: February 02, 2013, 08:31:53 PM
Hello!

I apologize for my English but this is my first post in this forum.

I was looking for a new exhaust and found one that suited both me, my wallet and my CT. After many emails to the company so they could eventually deliver a SlipOn. They had never made ​​one to CT before so it took some time for them to produce prototype and test. Anyway, I got it and can really recommend this exhaust, it both looks good and sounds really good with a rough rumbling. Below is a link to the SlipOn and yes it is my CT you can see in the pictures.

http://www.barracudaexhaust.com/Barracuda-RX-R-400-Cone-oval-Honda-VFR-1200-X-Crosstourer-VFR-1200-X-Slipon-Roadlegal-EEC

/ / Lars
My first Honda and I love it.

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: My new exhaust both sounds and looks great.
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 08:51:49 PM
Hi Lars, and  :400: to the forum.

I've been thinking about a new can, but prefer carbon, great looks and less cleaning - but they are just so expensive  :005:

Offline Strikemaster

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 09:41:40 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Doc.

Yes carbon is a bit cooler, but oh so much more expensive. When I take out my bike in the spring I'll try to fix a video so you can hear the sound that I think is just perfect, not too loud or quiet. Above all, will the glorious sound that only a VFR V4 can accomplish this with a rough rumbling out of the can.

// Lars

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 09:45:10 AM
 :400: to the forum

Looks like a very nice end can, it will be good to hear the noise once you get a chance to upload it  :062:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 10:08:16 AM
I think you may be right - it's time for my CT to not only look good, but to sound good too.

Looking forward to hearing your V4 sound.

Offline Feet up

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: RED CTX
  • City / Town: Barwell
Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 10:41:24 AM
Hi Lars :400:to the forum

I sell a product made in Ljungby and used to visit Sweden several times a year. Unfortunately I never made it further north than Stockholm.  I would imagine Swedish weather limits your riding season between spring and autumn unless your living on the south coast.

I like the look of your can, it looks similar in style to the standard unit. Can I assume the difference in sleeve length refers to the front pipe and is used to locates the can in a different position?

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 11:33:00 AM
Hi Lars, and Welcome from Ireland.
I work for a Swedish company here in Ireland.
Thinking the same as Feet up here, about the different sleeve lengths. Good to see this company giving options for extras to suit a wider audience.
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Strikemaster

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 02:45:08 PM
Hello and thanks for all the welcomes in!

It is the length of the can is mean by "Sleev length" and my can is 400mm. Yes I also think that it looks like the original can and it's actually something I think is good. The can is a bit smaller and lighter but similar to the original except the sound. Between the original exhaust pipe and the can are two tubes that allows one to change the angle of the can. Everything is very easy to install and all you need is in the box even a tool for the springs. Now i'm thinking of taking out my CT start it up and record a short video so you can hear the beautiful song, maybe next weekend.

Again, I apologize for the spelling and grammar in my posts but it's been a while since I went to school and learned English, about 30 years.

// Lars

arab-exile