Author Topic: Panniers  (Read 2935 times)

Offline kilogolf

• Crosstourer Junior
Panniers
on: January 28, 2013, 08:09:11 PM
  Hello Chaps,anybody know of panniers that fit the CT`s lugs? I.E. Without a frame.

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Re: Panniers
Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:14:47 PM
As far as I know at the moment only the OE honda panniers fit without any other bracket

Hopefully if anyone else knows an alternative they will be along soon  :031:

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:18:03 PM
If the reason you want frameless panniers is the fact that you often ride without panniers and hate the look of those frames then I might suggest the Hepco & Baeckers, simply because the frame is mounted with quicklock bolts and they can be removed very quickly.
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline kilogolf

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 08:24:47 PM
 It`s not just the look of the frame,Hondas` engineers say they designed the close fitting p`s to be nearer the centre of gravity of the CT.It would be nice to have a choice.

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:26:13 PM
That's the holy grail kilogolf, suppose somebody will produce a snappy set someday at a realistic price
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:31:36 PM
Of course Honda engineers will state that this overpriced ugly and not so waterproof set is the best for the bike, and Honda`s wallet  :018:
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 10:43:42 PM
Hi Kilogolf.  Check out the Givi V35 panniers with the specific rack PLXR1110Total cost about £450. on ebay (Native Viking) .   With this rack the panniers sit close into the bike like the Honda ones ,they are fixed onto a quick release carrier that is easily removed to preserve the bikes lines .. You can get quarter panels to trim the cases in ,black and silver or you can spray them to the bikes colours and from what I have seen are better quality than the oe's..My last Givi cases did me for20 years (E36s) and only went when I had a GS---for a short time!!!!THere are some pictures elsewhere on the forum  on a Belgium ,I think,  Crosstourer and they look right well.. Someone may be able to find this link......Good hunting :001:

Offline Nickel

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 08:32:51 AM
*Originally Posted by Mister B [+]
THere are some pictures elsewhere on the forum  on a Belgium ,I think,  Crosstourer and they look right well.. Someone may be able to find this link......Good hunting :001:

They were (are ?) on the CT of VROM, he posted a picture of it.

arab-exile