Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hyperpro Spring Upgrade  (Read 21843 times)

Offline Crosstourer_pt

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT-Dct e CBR XX
  • City / Town: Viseu
Re: Hyperpro Spring Upgrade
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2015, 08:58:59 PM »

Offline Big_John

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '16 Black Manual
  • City / Town: Black Forest
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2019, 02:48:24 PM »
This is a great thread....  I will be ordering HyperPro springs in the very, near future.

I still have a question about fork oil.  Does anyone know what the OEM fork oil is?  What weight, etc.?

I think I am reading that most are refilling with 5wt, and high quality like Silkolene. 

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2019, 05:49:23 PM »
You will receive Hyperpro quality oil in the box containing the forks springs of the correct weight for the new set up  :305:

Offline Big_John

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: '16 Black Manual
  • City / Town: Black Forest
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2019, 03:26:44 AM »
HyperPro box just delivered by the Brown Truck.

I don't think I am going to do the suspension work until I need to change the tires and then I will knock it all out in a single Saturday.

The OEM Scorpions aren't fairing well with my spirited riding.  I'm at nearly 2,500 miles and they are beyond 60% wear.  They will be lucky to get to 3,500 miles is my guess.  So I just need to ride a quick 1,000 miles and suspension day is here.

I will document the work with pics and explanations......

Offline Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2019, 07:42:17 PM »
The gods have spoken.  I need to price out fork stuff.  TOTALLY blew out the seal in the RH leg.  I've never had one that actually puked it's oil out like this though.

I was thinking about this for awhile and don't have much cash.  But...  now to review the traxxion emulators as well
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.

Online mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Fort Myers
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2019, 08:09:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Plane Dr [+]
The gods have spoken.  I need to price out fork stuff.  TOTALLY blew out the seal in the RH leg.  I've never had one that actually puked it's oil out like this though.

I was thinking about this for awhile and don't have much cash.  But...  now to review the traxxion emulators as well

I did speak with traxxion.  For the front forks resprung and re-valved it would be about 800 bucks.  You have to ship your forks.  Three week turnaround time.  I was very impressed with the representatives there.  Spent 30 minutes on the phone with me giving advice on settings and testing I should perform before spending money with them.  Though I do not know a lot about motorcycle suspensions, they seemed to be very knowledgeable and helpful. 

Online mzflorida

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200X,
  • City / Town: Fort Myers
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2019, 02:39:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by mzflorida [+]
I did speak with traxxion.  For the front forks resprung and re-valved it would be about 800 bucks.  You have to ship your forks.  Three week turnaround time.  I was very impressed with the representatives there.  Spent 30 minutes on the phone with me giving advice on settings and testing I should perform before spending money with them.  Though I do not know a lot about motorcycle suspensions, they seemed to be very knowledgeable and helpful. 

Apologies...That conversation and price were from Cogent.

Offline Plane Dr

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: 2016 VFR1200xDCT
  • City / Town: DFW Metromess
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2019, 03:17:01 PM »
I just spent 2 weeks in England.  So I have a tight budget.  I personally hate working on forks but may do it myself.  But prefer turn key in this case.  In the past good progressive springs have delivered very good bang for the buck.  I just need to chase the right set.

I like the emulators from traxxion but I am on the fence about about spending that much.

Doing the rear at the same time would be banner.  So chase perfection up front live with the rear for a while.  Or better front and fix the rear? :157:
Bikes are like women.  What you want and what you think you want change after the first ride.