Author Topic: Hyperpro Spring Upgrade  (Read 25205 times)

Offline Feet up

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: RED CTX
  • City / Town: Barwell
Re: Hyperpro Spring Upgrade
Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 03:54:58 PM
That’s a good description of the winter roads in the UK

My personal view of the CT suspension is that it’s fine on fast sweeping bends but can be a little harsh and skippy when pushing on down our country lanes.
Manufactures settings are a compromise and need to be adjusted not only to work with the rider’s weight and style of riding but also the type of terrain the bike is being ridden over. A bike set up for mainly off roading won’t work so well on a fast Main road.
A few years back I had a set of uprated fork springs and an Ohlin’s shock fitted to my Pan and then had it set up by a professional. It was like having a new bike. I take it back every 16000 miles to have both ends serviced, that keeps it working like it was when first fitted.   
For now the CT is fine for my style of riding but as the springs settle and the oil degrade’s I will be looking for an alternative set up.

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK
Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 05:39:25 AM
*Originally Posted by techno40 [+]
Hi Revenue,

I have also the problem with suspension. I am not frequently using my bike on gravel but the tarmac roads in my country have a lot of faults,cracks or holes. I am always complaining about the harsh character of the front suspension. Did you recovered this with Hyperpro ?
I also know that the rider weight is also important. I am 80 kg. What about yours ? This will effect directly the SAG value.

Well i am 100kg  :034:
The SAG with me on the bike is 46mm or +6mm on the bike only SAG
Which is better than the 68mm SAG before!! or 22mm more travel at the front end :028:
Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:41:06 AM by revenue

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK
Reply #18 on: February 02, 2013, 05:45:47 AM
Here are the Hyperpro specs supplied with the springs

Offline techno40

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: Crosstourer/Red
  • City / Town: Istanbul
Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 02:49:53 PM
Thanks a lot for the info

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 12:37:11 AM
Hyper pro springs ordered.

Offline frank_b

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 06:53:13 AM
Same here  :002:   Front springs and rear shock 
  or or

Offline CrossX

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: White Manual CT
  • City / Town: Valencia
Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 12:31:27 AM
*Originally Posted by revenue [+]
Well i am 100kg  :034:
The SAG with me on the bike is 46mm or +6mm on the bike only SAG
Which is better than the 68mm SAG before!! or 22mm more travel at the front end :028:

Hi mates,

Take into account that Sag is not a single measure, it's the difference between two measures and it does not depend directly on the weight of the rider...

In other words, Sag must be kept between certain measures independently from the weight of the rider or passenger or luggage...and besides, there are different types of Sag, Free Sag (also called Static Sag) and Ride Height (also called Total Sag or Loaded Sag)...and besides, correct spring preload to obtain right Sag is really important...if you cannot obtain the correct Sag recommended by the manufacturer, depending on the use and type of the bike, then you must change the spring itself...

If spring preload to obtain right Sag is not possible then the bike will never work properly independently of adjusting the extension or rebound nuts...or compression in its case.

If you read specifications given by hyperpro for CT forks, you can read they recommend a Static Sag of 40 mm...that leads to a recomended Total Sag between 45 and 50 mm...

In an adventure bike like ours, or a crossover according to Honda, it is accepted that Total Sag or Ride Height should be about 1/3rd of total travel of suspension system...in our case, and according to Honda specs, 145 mm is total travel of our forks...so, 48 mm of total sag should be a good starting point to get our forks done...

Offline moli

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 08:07:32 AM
*Originally Posted by revenue [+]
[quote
The fork job took me less then 60 minutes for both legs, done 95% by myself and 5% the girlfriend when i needed to dissasemble the leg, and the tools i had are home made jungle type as there is sweet F All available here!
Will post pics of these home made devices later

Can you show your home made devices ?