Author Topic: Where is Mister B ??????  (Read 6921 times)

Offline SPW999

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X-Silver
  • City / Town: Singleton
Where is Mister B ??????
on: January 23, 2013, 12:47:20 PM
I have been trolling the Stats, Posts etc.

I have noticed that "Mister B", who was a very regular contributor until September 2012, has not posted in the last 4 months. :003:

I do hope that he is OK. 

Anyone out there know him ???

:305: . S.

Keep it on the Black Stuff or Dirt - BUT - Rubber Side Down.  Else it hurts!

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: Where is Mister B ??????
Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 06:07:36 PM
I was thinking exactly the same. Hopefully he is OK and is just asleep for the winter - it's cold in Morecambe!  :190:

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 11:13:14 PM
mmm lost Captain Scarlet also, Did enjoy his views from across the pond....
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:11:13 AM
Yes and then there was Giovannino he was a frequent poster at the beginning, he had lots of Infos on the new CT but one day he just left and never came back  :034: well at least i know he is just fine ...
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Mister B

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: white 1200XT.DCT
  • City / Town: Morecambe Bay
Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:33:10 PM
I'm here!!............Thanks  for the wakeup call,though, I have been dipping into the forum as and when time allowed and am particularly pleased to see Doc up and running again... Time here has been taken up with a major refit of a friends house ,now thankfully the end is in sight ..It has, though, got me through our very wet autumn /Winter ,,thankfully not very cold with the proximity of the sea..The Austria trip was good  but spoiled by the rain,a detour on the way home via the Hartz region  was  a bad choice  with more rain than here ..A couple of short trips to  the West coast of Scotland and Isle of Mull were fitted in and very enjoyable.. The bike continues to be a dream  machine,one small problem only being a stretched? park brake cable,which rapidly ran out of available adjustment.. I am getting it serviced soon and will have it checked,also will get the Honda centre stand fitted....... Also looking a Givi stuff from Italy....the screen and hard luggage, about 30% cheaper than here ...Has any one had any experiance or reccomendations of sellers??.It's good to see so many new people on here with a few locals from this neck of the woods ,Scotland and Australia  (Dreamland!!).... This years outings are Cornwall,asap, West of Scotland and the outer Isles (Hebrides)  in May and Austria /slovenia  in september ,this time using the DB rail connection to Villach.,and any other minute that allows me to get away :305: :305:

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 05:29:28 PM
Hi Mister B, good to hear that you are OK. I am back on the bike, and loving it. Givi Airflow and crashbars fitted. Now just waiting for good weather. Off to Sauerland in May, Dolomites in June and maybe a CT meet in September.

Captain Scarlet is active on the Explorer forum - he has no time for us as he's always fixing his bike  :745:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 06:09:57 PM
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
he has no time for us as he's always fixing his bike  :745:

Funny post Doc ........is it true?

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 06:18:57 PM
I'm a member of the Explorer forum too, and have read about lots of problems - some minor and some pretty major. Some are having engine problems and Triumph are doing engine repairs under warranty. I don't think Captain Scarlet has had problems yet, but far too many have. Quality has become a problem that many Explorer owners are unhappy about. I think in comparison, the CT is miles ahead when you consider build quality. One guy traded in his Explorer for a CT after 2 weeks.

I'm so glad I got my CT  :152:

Check out:
http://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php