Author Topic: New or ex demo ?  (Read 1928 times)

Offline snix39

• Crosstourer Junior
  • City / Town: St austell
New or ex demo ?
on: January 13, 2013, 06:27:22 PM
 Hi, I've been to my local Dealer and booked a test ride for next weekend, I pretty much sure I'll be buying a ct the thing is do I order a new standard one buy the givi racks and use my own givi v35's or do I buy their ex demo se with 1500 miles on the clock for 10995 seems bit of a no brainier really as I can resell my panniers, I know it's great to be the first owner as my previous bike was new but I've taken the hit on it's depreciation just interested on any opinions. 

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Re: New or ex demo ?
Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 06:38:42 PM
New or demo comes down to you. I think the OEM extras on the SE can be bought from other supplies much cheaper - and the top box and panniers are not the best (being kind).

At the end of the day, if you are happy with the SE and having a demo bike (you never really know what's happened to it - some are dropped) - and it's important for your budget - OK. Otherwise go for a brand new one and get aftermarket extras.

Enjoy the demo ride - and don't forget to try DCT  :169:

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 06:55:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
New or demo comes down to you. I think the OEM extras on the SE can be bought from other supplies much cheaper - and the top box and panniers are not the best (being kind).

At the end of the day, if you are happy with the SE and having a demo bike (you never really know what's happened to it - some are dropped) - and it's important for your budget - OK. Otherwise go for a brand new one and get aftermarket extras.

Enjoy the demo ride - and don't forget to try DCT  :169:

As above, not all ex demos are dogs and there are plenty that will never give any problem, but you certainlypay for the knowledge and privilege that a new bike hasn't been thrashed out the crate or abused in any form  :031:

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 10:27:36 PM
Its a 12 model? Then the price isnt anything special.

Id offer £9K and say i was doing him a favour taking old stock off his hands. Then ebay the Honda panniers and youve made a decent deal - worth a punt  :016:

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 10:39:02 PM
I have an ex-demo, no worries, it`s perfectly fine.
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline Manno

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Stockton on Tees
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 07:39:42 AM
Haggle for a new bike (non-se version) for close to 10k. The dealer can do it.
Bikes aren't moving and Honda are pushing.
Stick your own bits on over time.
RD50LC GT185 FZR600R ZZR1100C3 CBR1100XXW XR650R VFR1200X

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 10:03:22 AM
I picked up a 300 mile 4 month old SE in August 2012 in the UK for 10K, so would expect you would get a good low milage now for max 9k.
Saw a 500 mile DCT on Autotrader for 10.5k would feel 9.75k would be a very fair deal with the present climate in the UK.
Like many others i would rather let the first owner take the big hit with depreciation! To lose 3375 quid in 4 months on a new bike, it would but all the accessories available for the Crosstourer :187: :084:
Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 10:09:36 AM by revenue