Author Topic: Braided steel brake lines  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Markku

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Turku
Braided steel brake lines
on: January 11, 2013, 11:57:04 AM
I'm trying to find a brake line kit for Crosstourer. There are available sets for VFR1200F, I think it was from the Speed Brakes. But, have you noticed any "plug and play" kit for Crosstourer.

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Re: Braided steel brake lines
Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 06:28:27 PM
Plug and play might be a little too easy, Its a complex job to bleed the brakes of a linked brake Honda, a procedure is involved and its a 2 man job with a vacuum type bleeder.
Have you tried Venthill or Goodridge or my favourite Hel
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Markku

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Turku
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 03:16:31 PM
I'm not going to do it myself. I have good mechanics to do it. They have done this kind of a job for a double-X CBR which was also with linked brakesystem. It was a kit made by SpeedBrakes, cheaper than new original rubber lines. Quite good quality as well, nothing to complain. HEL. I think they build up whatever you want. Just, I have to know, what to order... :232:

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 08:55:22 PM
Ok Markku, When i read your first post and you said you wanted "plug and play", I assumed you were going to do it yourself.
I have used HEL before a few times and they have specific kits for most bikes, It may be that they have not a kit yet for a CT. I remember something they pointed out at a trade stand a few years ago and it had to do with the fittings at the end of the braided lines were stainless steel and their competition were making them in aluminium which were more prone to fracture. Just something to remember.
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.