Author Topic: Almost summer ?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline paperman

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Irvine
Almost summer ?
on: January 05, 2013, 04:06:41 PM
Well it seems like it here in Ayrshire, +10 deg C, no rain (yet ) no wind, dry roads and all the salt washed away  :047:. Managed to get a few miles in around Galloway, and now ready for my first service. Reminded me what a good bike it is. I dont remember the last time I was out so early in the year, and I have seen a good many years !!

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Re: Almost summer ?
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 04:15:29 PM
Fair play to you Paperman, about the same conditions here, and planning a few miles Sunday after fitting my new hugger to see if its effective.
Roll on dry days
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Feet up

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: RED CTX
  • City / Town: Barwell
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:06:18 PM
It’s been a one jumper day down here in the Midlands, unfortunately I have been rearranging the garage to make more work space so couldn’t get out. Have plans for a short ride around Rutland Water and surrounding countryside with fiends tomorrow and hope to get out a for a couple of short rides later in the week.

This hot weather has inspired me to start plans for my summer riding.
Already have a trip to Fort William to watch the Scottish Six Days and a longer trip to the south coast of France pencilled in the diary.
Would like to include the proposed Cross Tourer meeting in Switzerland but that could be just a little too expensive for a couple of days. 

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 05:56:08 PM
It's 10°C here in Germany and my son has been out on his NC700S quite a lot - pretty wet though - and I don't have a hugger on the CT yet - dirt everywhere!

@ Feet Up,
Hope you manage to get over to Switzerland for the first CT meet. Maybe soon we'll get some details together.

Cheers,
Doc

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 06:34:04 PM
Well done Paperman  :047:

Normally try a run through the Galloway Forest at least once a year, consider it busy if I have to slow down for more than the sheep!

Now peeing down in Glasgow but very mild for the time of year, hasn't stopped the council putting salt down on the roads though.

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 06:45:50 PM
i managed a wee spin yesterday. This bike rocks - it is a total missile  :018:

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CRF1000
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 12:06:53 AM
I too have been on garage (and shed) clearing duties all day today but i did manage a 10 minute spin to warm the oil up properly.....

Its been that long since the CT's been out i noticed that clock was still on british summertime  :745:

What a bike though, i was grinning from ear to ear when i got back and am planning on an hour or two riding tommorrow afternoon

Ian