Author Topic: New member from USA  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Tinboatcapt

• Crosstourer Junior
  • Bike: 2014 CB1100
  • City / Town: Lakeville, MN
New member from USA
on: January 05, 2013, 02:55:43 PM
I have seen the advance reviews of the CrossTourer and have it firmly on my radar for a possible replacement for the ST1100. The CT isn't available in USA yet but in one or two years when I'll need to replace the ST Perhaps this is it. I came to the forum from a tip on the STowners forum. I hpe to learn a bit about the bike from those who have had the privilege of having them available.

I have had two Suzuki's, a triumph, Norton, Two BMW K100's, and currently own a '74 Honda XL350 and the 2000 ST1100.

Tinboatcapt AKA "Jim"

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Re: New member from USA
Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 04:08:43 PM
Welcome Tinboatcapt,
we have heard before the CT is not available in the US, any idea when it will be for sale there? I see you have a XL350, I have seen a new xl650 for sale in New York 2 years ago and got all misty eyed.We don't have anything like that for sale over here for a long time.
I own a '85 XL250R as well as a '94 KLR650 Kawa, which I think was made for your market, and enjoy them both.
Hope some day you have the pleasure of a CT
T
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Doc

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: Africa Twin DCT
  • City / Town: Arsbeck
Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:59:59 PM
Hi Jim,
I am sure that the CT will hit the USA soon - although the ST1300 replacement may come at the same time. Rumours here are that the VFR1200T will hit the shows in Oct/Nov - I'll be taking a look at it myself.

Oh yeah,  :400:

Doc

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 06:37:09 PM
 :400: to the forum Jim

Hopefully it won't be too long before the CT is available in the USA for you to sample and enjoy  :031:

Offline Tinboatcapt

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 08:27:31 PM
*Originally Posted by thetrecker [+]
Welcome Tinboatcapt,
we have heard before the CT is not available in the US, any idea when it will be for sale there? I see you have a XL350, I have seen a new xl650 for sale in New York 2 years ago and got all misty eyed.We don't have anything like that for sale over here for a long time.
I own a '85 XL250R as well as a '94 KLR650 Kawa, which I think was made for your market, and enjoy them both.
Hope some day you have the pleasure of a CT
T

The XL's are neat bikes. I use mine for those short rides to the store, and as a track pit bike.
The ST I've ridden an average of 6K miles a year until 2012 when I put on 12K. I think I'd like the CT for those trips to the Rocky Mountains. I have made the trip many times in the past and wished for a bike that would be better for exploring off the tarmac. The fire break roads wind back into the mountains off the beaten track.

A few photos from some MC trips.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinboatcapt/
jim

Offline Tinboatcapt

• Crosstourer Junior
Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 08:32:39 PM
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
Hi Jim,
I am sure that the CT will hit the USA soon - although the ST1300 replacement may come at the same time. Rumours here are that the VFR1200T will hit the shows in Oct/Nov - I'll be taking a look at it myself.

Oh yeah,  :400:

Doc

Thanks all for the warm welcome.
It will be a few months before any kind of riding here will be practical.
Jim

Offline Feet up

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: RED CTX
  • City / Town: Barwell
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 10:48:22 PM
*Originally Posted by Doc [+]
Hi Jim,

The only news we receive on the ST replacement in the UK is negative. Hope your correct it will be a great bike if it's as good as the CT. Where's my cheque book.

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 11:15:22 PM
Hey Jim, enjoyed the picture's of Colorado. I was there in 2004 and went through a small part of the Rockies.

Fantastic memory of spending a day in the Coors factory and drinking free beer  :031:

arab-exile