Author Topic: Hepco & Becker alloy belly pan  (Read 6088 times)

Offline Africajim

• Crosstourer Member
Hepco & Becker alloy belly pan
on: January 02, 2013, 07:48:20 PM
Small write up and pics of the belly pan on  the CT.

Not hard, but takes two as the side stand has to come off! And the same engine mounts have to be taken out as the crashbars to fit the bars for carrying the belly pan!
So, couple of allen keys, a 10mm spanner and a load of copper slip and threadlock! Took around an hour.

http://adventurebikerider.com/forum/21-accessories-/191709-honda-vfr1200x-crosstourer-belly-pan.html

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Hepco & Becker alloy belly pan
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 12:05:09 AM
Are those plastic side skirts supposed to stay there? Love the belly pan, hate the fact that those plastic things remained.
`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline jacob

• Non Active
  • Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Windsor
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:54:00 PM
Hi Africajim
Looks great - I fitted the SW Motech one very similar not as much up front and shorter on the base, however, what I can say is that during winter no problems but now it is summer the last two rides 35-38 degrees C I have found my left boot is getting cooked, the OEM bits on the left vent the heat directly to the toe and the top of shin, I am going to have a look this weekend to see if they need to stay I am thinking of leaving them off.
The right side not as bad as it does not have the same vents and the top one is closed off.
My only concern is that the left one does seem to protect hoses etc., possible test I am thinking of doing is tapeing up the small toe level vent on the left from the inside and see if that makes a difference.
As well worth the heat in winter  :190: :002: keeps the boots warm just not wanted in summer.  :018:

2012 VFR1200X CrossTourer - April 2012 - http://crosstourer.tumblr.com/

Offline russ_fae_fyvie

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT
  • City / Town: Fyvie
Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 09:24:32 PM
Summer ???

WTF is that !!!

:440:

Offline Africajim

• Crosstourer Member
Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 09:47:59 PM
Ha ha! Aye Russ, roll on summer! Even then, it seldom gets warm enough up here to worry about a bit of channelled heat!  :008:

I'm not sure about the plastic bits, they aren't under pressure but they do meet the belly pan. I've left them on as they're not in the way and not sure how it would look without them, I'll have a look next time it's off for the service.

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 08:11:35 AM
Doesnt work for me but each to their own mate  :002:

Offline Harry H

• Crosstourer Pro
Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 01:01:36 PM
*Originally Posted by Allroadtoad [+]
Are those plastic side skirts supposed to stay there? Love the belly pan, hate the fact that those plastic things remained.

Don't talk to me about the plastic side skirts. I managed to let the bike tip over moving it about in the garage. On picking it up I noticed that the right hand skirt had broken off. "Not too much of a problem" I thought. On closer inspection the skirt is supported by a lug on the engine case which had sheared right off. Only decent fix is a whole new left hand case at £350 plus fitting.

Got it back on at present by fabricating a bracket off another engine bolt. Whilst it's invisible I know it's not right and that annoys me.

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 02:10:51 PM
mmm, that has happened to somebody on here before Harry H, it seems to take the brunt of the fall on this panel, I will search the post. Sorry to hear
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.