Author Topic: Second bike  (Read 4557 times)

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Second bike
on: October 31, 2012, 09:34:00 AM
Hi all
just bought a Honda XL600R Paris-Dakar. It is thought as my second LoVe ... it's a bike i had my early days too. So i gona prepare and make her fit as my winter work ... spend the colder days in the workshop  :029:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline Allroadtoad

• Crosstourer Master
Re: Second bike
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 05:09:42 PM
Cool!!! Congratulations and lots of fun with it! I hope you also have some off road possibilities over there! As I second bike I have something similar: a Suzuki DR650. Bought as an impeccable bike, it has over 70K kms on it now, most of them off road. Done the Eastern Europe Rally with it as well. My wife has a Suzuki DRZ400 as a second bike. Lots of fun!

`12 VFR1200X Silver
`98 DR650SE

Offline ojo

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR 1200XD white
  • City / Town: Stans
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 07:30:21 PM
Great bike Allroadtoad ... well, she might need a bit of water ;-)

Here how my work is going on:
Around the world and back ... driven Honda motorbikes all over Europe, Australia, NewZealand, Japan, Russia .....
my latest trip: http://www.austral.omania.ch/index.html

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 09:02:45 PM
Its in good shape Ojo, Desirable bike. I have a xl 250 R, Jap import, it looks similar but scaled down of course. The headlight is rubbish though with a 35/35 w pre focus bulb, is yours the same or does it take a H4 bulb.Have you used CMSNL.COM for genuine parts? they are super for all things Japanese and old and if its listed as in stock.... Its in stock! :028:
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 11:48:39 AM
My second bike is a 12 year old Suzuki Hayabusa that has only covered 4500 miles from new. It only comes out on special occasions when I feel the need for a speed rush. The power in this bike is awesome, it pulls like a train in any gear and is not restricted to 186mph.
The only mods on it are a double bubble screen a and a set of Micron end cans that are outrageous when giving it a handful.

Third bike that hasn't moved for about 8 years but I can't part with is a 1983 Kawasaki GPz1100. First of the fuel injected Kawasaki's and has done about 27000 miles. When you ride a superbike of that era then jump on a modern bike you quickly realise how far bike engineering has advanced over the years. Keep telling myself one day I will put it back on the road but I know myself it wont be in the near future.

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 01:11:56 PM
Lets see a pic of the GPZ Mika - it sounds fab.  Those were the days !

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Ayr
Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 03:44:02 PM
Trev

I will get a picture of the GPz in the spring and post it, the bike is kept down at my mums house and will probably take half a day to dig it out her garage!

:031:

Offline paperman

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Irvine
Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 04:56:05 PM
Here is my Crosstourer along with my other toy, its a GSXR750K6, for the days that I need to frighten myself. As you see, both bikes on optimate, and with soft indoor bike covers on, although I lifted their skirts for the photo. I also have a 1976 CB400F which is at my parents garage in Larkhall (hey scotsy, you still there?). This was running when laid up, unfortunately its a cold and damp garage, so corrosion is the enemy, and I've gone off the idea to restore  :139:.  If anyone fancies a very cheap project, let me know, but you would need to collect.

arab-exile