GIVI SRA1100 fault

Views: 595
Posted by: Carl
in: Carl
IMG 1196

Views: 168
Posted by: operatorius.lt
in: operatorius.lt

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crosstourer sales figures (locally)  (Read 2270 times)

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
Crosstourer sales figures (locally)
« on: October 05, 2012, 05:15:36 PM »
I phoned the supplying dealer today and the sales manager answered the phone so we had a chat (told him i was happy with my purchase and his staff) and he was keen to find out what us forum members now thought of our CT purchases. I told him of the few minor niggles we are having (touring screen, faulty heated grips etc) and began questioning him instead :007:

He works at Blackpool Honda (my bike supplier) as part of the north west honda group that also includes Preston and Lancaster showrooms. Just at Blackpool he has sold 22 crosstourers so far of which 9 were DCT and 13 manual ones but he reckons at first they were probaly doing 80% manual to 20% DCT but since more people are able to test ride thier DCT demo bike that it is now more like 50/50. In fact his next pre-order of expected sales is going to be 50/50.

Looks like they are taking off as he reckons preston will have sold more bikes than themselves but he didn't have the figures to hand

Ian

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: Crosstourer sales figures (locally)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 06:14:04 PM »
Wonder how long it will take for other manufacturers to see the potential sales with this type of transmission..

Not for me on this time round but I wouldn't rule it out in the future.
My manual got its first service yesterday and the sales at the dealer reckoned Honda will push the DCT with all new models in the future that have any kind of touring ability. They reckon the new Pan is a couple of years away yet though.

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 11:42:00 PM »
Our local dealer says that he's sold 20+ CTs this year with the DCT having the slight majority.

Having manual and DCT demos available has certainly helped.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin + VFR1200X DCT
  • Bike: CRF1000+VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 08:09:56 AM »
*Originally Posted by GS TRV [+]
Our local dealer says that he's sold 20+ CTs this year with the DCT having the slight majority.

Having manual and DCT demos available has certainly helped.

Yes i agree there, not all technological advances actually turn out to be reliable OR actually an advance/improvement so the cautious people will usually wait 2 or 3 years to see the results before taking the plunge.

The 'braver' souls will realise the VFR1200F has been using this transmission for over 2 years without any major issues and enjoy the Crosstourer DCT 'now'  :305: always having the option to use it as a MANUAL at the push of a button :082:

Ian

Offline aerochair

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: CT DCT se
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 07:11:28 PM »

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 11:15:37 PM »
Got my Givi spots and engine bar mounted today - worked a treat over the back roads on the way home tonight and looks uber cool  :152: