St Albans

Views: 284
Posted by: jacob
in: Jacob
In the showroom

Views: 48
Posted by: Jumper
in: Jumper

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Noisy Horn, where to put it !  (Read 2968 times)

Offline russ_fae_fyvie

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT
  • City / Town: Fyvie
Noisy Horn, where to put it !
« on: September 23, 2012, 09:05:01 PM »
Just bought a new Horn to replace the peep peep but now I cant find anywhere to put it !

I got a MAGNUM MSX HORN but its bigger than the wee standard so I wondered if anyone had the same issues or did you find somewhere useful to put it ??!!

ta

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: Noisy Horn, where to put it !
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 10:55:21 PM »
In the same boat as yourself. Took the magnum off the GS before trade in but the quick look I have had on the CT would suggest there is no way it is going to fit in the same place as the OE.

Probably a new bracket and an extension of the wiring will be required possibly under the front beak.

Out of curiosity have you been under the side panels yet to see if there is any room in there that it could possibly go.

The OE horn on most bikes belong on kids trikes

Offline Africajim

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 11:01:17 PM »
Russ, a mate of mine has fitted a Stebil Nautilus to his Varadero, same as mine. While in for his MOT he was warned this will not be allowed in the near future? I know your bike won't need MOT for three yrs but best to keep on the right side. I'll go find the post mate,,,,.

http://adventurebikerider.com/forum/9-the-pub/161884-eu-super-mot-latest-from-mag.html#162165

Offline russ_fae_fyvie

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: CT
  • City / Town: Fyvie
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 07:37:22 AM »
Cheers Jim
I need to speak to the local guy anyway about the GS this week to will ask him for his thoughts, the horn I got isnt an air horn so hopefully it will be ok. I've also got the same one on the GS and that is due its first MOT next year, so Ill see what he says about that as well.

Got the new Arrow Exhaust at the weekend, as someone said on another thread, it doesnt have the centre stand support lug so I'll see if the mechanic can either weld a small bracket on it or I may just take the centrestand off.

:006:

Offline revenue

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XCE,
  • City / Town: Mukdahan/ UK
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 08:41:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by russ_fae_fyvie [+]

Got the new Arrow Exhaust at the weekend, as someone said on another thread, it doesnt have the centre stand support lug so I'll see if the mechanic can either weld a small bracket on it or I may just take the centrestand off.

:006:

Jim
Hope to see some picture soon of the Arrow Exhaust in the forum

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Glasgow
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 10:57:05 AM »
My old GS had the magnum fitted for all its MoT's, the last being at the end of August. Had a good chat with the bloke doing the test and he never mentioned anything about the magnum being fitted, but as you have said Russ it is not an air horn so there should not be a problem with it in the future.

It's certainly a hundred times better than the OE and gets numpties attention

Offline Africajim

• Crosstourer Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 08:21:09 PM »
Well, come the day of the 'super Euro MOT' your horns may be fine, those aftermarket exhausts won't be!  LOL!

There's a lot of changes coming up in the future for motorcyclists, hopefully a long time off. Just thought I'd mention the horn bit guys.

I've a standard can on my CT, do have Motad Venoms on both Varadero and Africa Twin though. Enjoy farkling your rides folks!

Offline peace

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X~RED
  • City / Town: JayBee
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 03:04:26 AM »
So where u guys fitted the horn...i heard from my mechanic it cn be fix near to the fairing and tank  bottom area there where by got a bolts to tie on it otherwise if u got a crashbar maybe u can attached to it with additional bracket is a must change item as the ori horn cant even hear if travel fast....
~Never Ever Give Up~