IMG 0001

Views: 241
Posted by: Buckr
in: Buckr
Quick stop in Holland

Views: 321
Posted by: Doc
in: Doc

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Where do you put your feet down?  (Read 2571 times)

Offline klunk

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Sydney
Where do you put your feet down?
« on: September 23, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
Hi Guys, I have now done around 300 kms on my bike and I m not exaggerating when I say the bike is sublime.  It is the best and coolest bike I have ever owned.

I have come off a sports bike with the foot pegs way up high and back and it never inhibited me putting my feet on the ground, however with the VFR1200X I find myself always wanting to put my feet down on the ground exactly where the pegs are.  I know this takes some getting used to, however I was wondering if it is just me and my weird anatomy or if others have this same challenge and where you put your feet when you come to a stop (in front, behind or beside the pegs)?

Offline Mika

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: VFR1200X
  • City / Town: Glasgow
Re: Where do you put your feet down?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 02:17:10 PM »
Can't say I've noticed any problem with the peg location, however i have came from a GS. I do still regularly use a Hayabusa and the biggest problem with that is getting my knees up round my chin to get going!

Offline thetrecker

• Crosstourer Master
  • Bike: CT Manual Red
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 02:34:20 PM »
Yea Klunk, it can be a problem especially if your boots are bulky, i ride a short trip through town with steel toe capped work boots sometimes and its a problem but touring boots are much better. Always put feet behind pedals after seeing a mate get rear ended at a traffic lights, he had his feet in front of the pedals and got damage to his lower legs, just habit now for me
Thetrecker. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Offline scotsy

• Crosstourer Master
  • CRF1000l Africa Twin
  • Bike: CRF1000l
  • City / Town: Leigh,Lancashire
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 08:50:17 PM »
Just put one foot down, it is supposedly a more stable base (works for me) but may require you to slide to one side of the seat when approaching a stop if like me you are 'vertically challeged'

Ian

Offline oldhand

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: silver CT
  • City / Town: Ayrshire
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 10:18:11 PM »
Happens to me too Klunk, 
I put my feet in front of the pegs and slide my legs back to fold the foot pegs up.
Works a treat.
I think that if you were really unlucky it would be possible to catch a trouser leg on the pegs when you put your feet to the outside, not good if you need to get your balance quickly. :006:

Offline droid

• Crosstourer Member
  • Bike: crosstourer
  • City / Town: Eagle Point, VIC
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 09:32:58 AM »
yep same here, the tootsies want to go down right where the pegs are
jon

Offline iec

• Crosstourer Junior
  • No Risk No Fun !!!
  • Bike: Red VFR1200X
  • City / Town: P.T
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 08:33:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by klunk [+]
Hi Guys, I have now done around 300 kms on my bike and I m not exaggerating when I say the bike is sublime.  It is the best and coolest bike I have ever owned.

I have come off a sports bike with the foot pegs way up high and back and it never inhibited me putting my feet on the ground, however with the VFR1200X I find myself always wanting to put my feet down on the ground exactly where the pegs are.  I know this takes some getting used to, however I was wondering if it is just me and my weird anatomy or if others have this same challenge and where you put your feet when you come to a stop (in front, behind or beside the pegs)?

You're right...the foot pegs looks not comfortable when you put your legs down at the beginning....i felt exactly like you!
You'll get over this  :031:

Offline GS TRV

• Crosstourer Pro
  • Bike: VFR1200XD
  • City / Town: Belfast
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 06:45:55 PM »
Me too but I'm getting used to it.